Monday, October 22, 2012

{REVIEW} JUST FOR NOW (SEA BREEZE #4) by ABBI GLINES

Just for Now (Sea Breeze #4)
Series: Sea Breeze #4
Genre: New Adult
Publisher: Abbi Glines
Publication Date: 10/30/12
Format: eARC
Source: Received from author for review.


The day Preston Drake figured out that wealthy women paid well for a set of tight abs and a pretty face his life turned around.

The run down rat-infested trailer he had shared with his alcoholic mother and three younger siblings was now only a place he visited to pay the bills and stock the pantry with food.

He no longer worried about his family starving or living without electricity. The money he made entertaining rich older women more than covered his family’s needs and his own. He had it all figured out. Except…

There was this girl.

She was as innocent as he was tainted.

Amanda Hardy wished her knees didn’t get weak when Preston walked into a room. She hated the fact her heart raced when he flashed his smile in her direction. He had a different girl in his bed every night. He was the kind of boy a smart girl ran from. So, why was she coming up with ways to get close to him? Even when it was obvious he wanted to keep her at a distance.

Maybe her heart knew something the world didn’t. Maybe Preston Drake was more than just a pretty face.

"Ohhhh, Preston. Come here you sexy bitch." <----- Those may or may not have been the words that passed my lips when I began reading Just For Now. You see, I've known Preston Drake for quite some time now, but I was oh so ready to know him better. Since we first met him, in Breathe, Preston has been known as a guy who knows his way around the ladies, to put it mildly. He has a fondness for all the beautiful girls, but especially when they have a nice pair of legs attached. That's not usually too big of a problem for Preston, until those legs belong to his best friend's little sister, Amanda Hardy.

Amanda Hardy is sweet girl that I've been looking forward to knowing better. She's always been in the background of the series, Marcus' little sister, Sadie's best friend. But now Manda is all grown up, and she is hopelessly infatuated with Preston Drake. Manda's no fool, though, because she knows how Preston operates, and she's willing to take the risk. She can see through Preston's sleazy ways, to the good guy beneath the swagger. But Preston has bigger issues than she can even imagine, and when the horrible truth comes out, Manda will have to decide if she can look past his tragic life and the decision it forced upon him. Can she accept, forgive, and find love with this beautiful boy?

Preston and Amanda made a gorgeous, super steamy, and fun couple. The attraction between them is fierce, and hot. I loved that Amanda is actually the aggressor in the relationship. I love that she made the moves, refused to give up on what she wanted. And heaven help me, I was happy that the steam is delivered quickly. I have to say, Abbi knows how to write some hot Southern boys. The way they talk and behave is so realistic, intense, and hot. Believe me when I say that I spent a fair amount of the time fanning myself while reading Just For Now.

Just For Now...Tore. Me. Up. If you are a fan of the series, and you read the blurb, you know that Preston and Amanda spell Big Trouble. Preston is the guy who has always been around for a good time. The guy who is always commenting on how hot the chicks are, is referred to by his friends as a man whore. And there's Amanda, the sweet little sister who has had a crush on Preston for years, and is finally ready to act on it. Then you have Marcus, the ultimate big brother who will kill anyone who tries to use or hurt his baby sister. So obviously I was anticipating a ton of drama revolving around the forbidden love. The drama was delivered, and it was gooood.

I love Abbi Glines. I love Abbi Glines' books. I love the characters, the stories, the drama, the tears and the steam. I love that she can take these characters, write these simple yet heartfelt stories for them, and cause me to feel SO MUCH. I can't tell you how many times I have stayed up until the 3am reading her books. Oh wait, yes I can! That would be every single book. Everything about Abbi's books appeals to my heart and makes her one of my very favorite authors and I will forever be hopelessly devoted.

Just For Now is a perfect addition to the Sea Breeze series. Each time Abbi releases a new Sea Breeze book, I think "This is her best yet. She can't possibly top this one." But she does, every time. Just For Now is Just Perfect.


Favorite Quote:


  " 'I'll be good. I promise. I'll be the best damn friend you'v ever had.' His voice had lowered to a husky whisper. I shivered from the sexy sound.
  'Mmmm, I'm gonna have to work on that. Feeling you shiver. I like it. I'm gonna want to feel it more.'
   I swallowed hard and tried to control the emotion in my voice. 'Friends don't get this close, Preston,' I said and started to take a step back when he pulled me tightly against him.
  'No, Manda, they don't. But I can't stop from wanting you close. Can we be close friends?' "      (eARC, pg 47)
 

"She was tired of this. I couldn't blame her. I wasn't worth the hassle. I could never be what she wanted. She thought I was like Cage and the right girl could tame me. It wasn't about that. I didn't need to be tamed. I needed to be f*cking saved."  (eARC, pg 59)


"I wouldn't cry over her. I wouldn't. I never had her, not really. She didn't know me. She'd never accept the truth about me. It was better this way. Pretending like I could have her in any way was just a form of torture I didn't need. I had my family and my baseball careet to focus on. Amanda Hardy was a distraction that could make me lose it all."  (eARC, pg 60)






Sea Breeze Series
(click cover to go to my reviews)
 

Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)



Abbi Glines can be found hanging out with rockstars, taking out her yacht on weekends for a party cruise, sky diving, or surfing in Maui. Okay maybe she needs to keep her imagination focused on her writing only. In the real world, Abbi can be found hauling kids (several who seem to show up that don’t belong to her) to all their social events, hiding under the covers with her MacBook in hopes her husband won’t catch her watching Buffy on Netflix again, and sneaking off to Barnes and Noble to spend hours lost in the yummy goodness of books. If you want to find her then check Twitter first because she has a severe addiction to tweeting @abbiglines. Facebook is also somewhere she visits a little too often. She blogs regularly but rarely about anything life changing. She also really enjoys talking about herself in third person.

Connect with Abbi at:
her website | Twitter | GoodReads | Facebook
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic review. This book tore me up to. Loved, loved, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO I didn't read your review because I still have to read this series and I don't want to ruin anything about any of the characters for myself. I just read your last two paragraphs and I am really excited to start this series soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review! And the quotes! omg the quotes... i was laughing with the first and then i read the other ones. I really need this book right now!

    greetings from Peru ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I need to read an Abbi Glines book! I've heard so many good things. Great review and great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to come harass your blog earlier, but I was sitting here at work finishing this book well after my lunch break was over.

    Oh preston, he did things to my heart. I was practically bawling around 88 percent, and you know I'm not much a of a crier. *sigh*

    I can never thank you girls enough for forcing me to try one of Abbi's books. I'm not a fellow stalker and proud! ( and i met her !!! squee!!!) I can squee now a week later, since I'm not longer to exhausted to even breath. lol.

    I have to say, While it Lasts wasn't my fav, mainly because I wasn't as into Cage as everyone else, but that's just a personal preference. Preston though, and Amanda, she's just adorable. Abbi's the best when it comes to characters, and you are so right. she some how manages to make you feel so much. I'm kinda sad they aren't real people. lol

    Great review love. Can't even be pervy on this review. maybe the next post I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful review Andrea :) I really need to read the last book & then grab this when it is released, it sounds amazing! I love Abbi Glines books & I <3 Preston..

    Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of Abbi Glines as well Andrea, so I can't wait to read this. I know there's going to be big drama in this one and I can't wait to see how Abbi resolves everything. It sounds like a really tough situation Preston is in, and I hope he doesn't break Amanda's heart. Wonderful review as usual, Andrea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This review makes me want to drop everything I'm doing right now and finally start the sea breeze series. I really need to stop slacking. Great review and love the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Abbi Glines yet, but I think I have a book or two of hers on my kindle. Sounds like I really need to get busy reading them though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read this book soooo bad! But I also want to read the rest of the series. I have heard amazing things about them and do not want to miss out on all that hotness. Sigh, I need to find someone to support me so I can be a stay at home mom and read all day...
    If you know of any sugar daddies, send them my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto this--->"Ohhhh, Preston. Come here you sexy bitch." Loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gonna have to agree with Autumn on this one! (She's a bad influence on me :))

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. To say that you're a Abbi Glines fan is an understatement. lol great review.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post