Friday, October 12, 2012

{FRISKY FALL SATURDAYS} UNTIL THERE WAS YOU (COMING HOME #2) by JESSICA SCOTT



Summer is over, but just because the temperature is dropping, doesn't mean we have to stop reading scorching hot books! Frisky Fall Saturdays is our new weekly post created by The Autumn Review, The Bookish Babe, Hackaroo's Reviews, and Sim-Sational-Books. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post) As those leaves start piling up in the yard, ignore them and pick up a sexy book!

**The books featured on FRISKY FALL SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **

Until There Was You (Coming Home, #2)Series: Coming Home #2
Genre: Contemporary Military Romance
Publisher: LoveSwept
Publication Date: Oct 8, 2012
Format: eARC
Pages: 230
Source: Received from author for review.
He plays by the rules, she’s not afraid to break them. Now these two strong-willed army captains will prove that opposites attract . . .

A by-the-book captain with a West Point background, Captain Evan Loehr refuses to mix business with pleasure—except for an unguarded instance years ago when he succumbed to the deep sensuality of redheaded beauty Claire Montoya. From that moment on, though, Evan has been at odds with her, through two deployments to Iraq and back again. But when he is asked to train a team prepping for combat alongside Claire, battle-worn Evan is in for the fight of his life.

Strong, gutsy, and loyal, Captain Claire Montoya has worked hard to earn the rank on her chest. In Evan, Claire sees a rigid officer who puts the rules before everything else—including his people. When the mission forces them together, Claire soon discovers that there is more to Evan than meets the eye.

He’s more than the rank on his chest; he’s a man with dark secrets and deep longings. For all their differences, Evan and Claire share two crucial passions: their country and each other.

 
Why I Chose To Read Until There Was You:
I really enjoyed Scott's first book in the Coming Home Series, Because of You and wanted to read about more military couples.

Finding love, and keeping it is tough for anyone, even more so for those in the military. Job stress, absences, and the emotional impact of tours of duty all place extreme burden on the people involved. But how about when both members of a relationship are soldiers? In Until There Was You we go on that very journey with Evan and Claire; two people, two soldiers struggling to maintain a good work relationship while fighting and eventually giving in to a personal relationship.

Evan and Claire are tough characters. Both have experienced a great deal of emotional turbulence, both on the battlefield and their home lives. I liked that Evan was strong, yet vulnerable once he let Claire close. I loved that that Claire was fearless, kind, and loyal. She wasn't a damsel in distress, needed Evan's protection. Claire is a strong, capable woman who is also passionate and loving. These two definitely resisted giving in to their attraction for as long as physically hospital. I'll admit that I may have yelled "Do it, already!" at my poor Kindle. But once they do give in, the chemistry was perfect. Scott writes really great love scenes that will get you all steamed up, but still maintain a air of decorum that won't leave you feeling you need to scrub yourself off afterwards.

I feel that Jessica Scott's Coming Home Series is an important one. I, personally, have been enlightened about the struggles that those who are in the military, and their loved ones, go through on a day to day basis. I also feel that those who live this life may enjoy the solidarity that the stories provide. I will say, though, that Until There Was You was very heavy on the work atmosphere, which is totally fine, but did cause me to feel out of the loop and unable to form a very strong connection to the story.

A story of two strong people and their road to finding love on the battlefield and beyond, Until There Was You is a story that will appeal to fans of Contemporary Military Romance.

Favorite Quote:

  "Evan had no idea what the hell he was thinking, but this woman had struck a chord inside him, awakened a hunger that refused to be ignored. Kissing her was a sensuous, gorgeous mistake."  (eARC, pg. 16)

You can purchase Until There Was You at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble




Jessica Scott is a career army officer, mother of two daughters, three cats and three dogs, wife to a career NCO and wrangler of all things stuffed and fluffy. She is a terrible cook and even worse housekeeper, but she's a pretty good shot with her assigned weapon and someone liked some of the stuff she wrote. Somehow, her children are pretty well adjusted and her husband still loves her, despite burned water and a messy house.

You can connect with Jessica Scott at:
her website | GoodReads | Facebook | Twitter


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. hmm im not one of those who reads adult books, but great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. There were some good moments, but I also felt a little out of it with the heavy military references.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The female and male mc sound like great, layered characters. The military aspect of the book has me intrigued, will definitely need to check this book out. Thanks for the review, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series sounds really good. I am glad that you are enjoying it. I haven't really read any books that are really focused on the military before. Thanks for the great review chick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound like a good book. The guy on the cover is hot to. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my favorite time of the week! Frisky Fall Saturdays! Heehee! I love that cover but the story sounds amazing too. I hadn't heard of this series, but it sounds like you don't have to pick up the first one to read this one. I've had many times in stories where I've yelled "just do it already!" too, so I can understand the frustration. Sounds like the payoff was worth it though. Great review, Andrea, this one is going in my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WISH I had time to read this series. I want to so bad but time in my enemy!! Thanks for sharing. At least I get a little taste with your review - which was great!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one on my kindle. I read the first book and I like how Scott addresses the issues of military life.
    My husband was in the Navy years ago when we were first married and it isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lіke the valuable info you providе in
    your articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm quite sure I'll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    Also visit my site - bad credit loans

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post