Monday, October 1, 2012

{REVIEW} CEASELESS (EXISTENCE TRILOGY #3) by ABBI GLINES

Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)Series: Existence Trilogy #3
Publisher: Abbi Glines
Publication Date: Sept 18, 2012
Format: eARC
Pages:
Source: Received from author for review.

Can he make her fall in love with him… again?

When Pagan Moore proved worthy of Death’s devotion, he was given the gift of getting to keep her.

But Dank was never promised that Pagan would keep him.

When a soul is created, so is its mate. In every lifetime those souls find each other. They complete the other’s destiny. It’s time for Pagan’s soul to choose if she truly wants an eternity at Death’s side or if she wants the mate created just for her.

Dank didn’t think he had to worry about her choice. He knew where her heart belonged. Until he realized that every kiss, every touch, every moment of their time together would be washed from her memories. He would have to win her heart all over again and prove to her soul that he was where she belonged.

If only her soul’s mate wasn’t right there standing in his way.


Dank and Pagan have fought fate, the Voodoo King, and now they must fight to join their souls for good. But Pagan's memories of Dank have been erased, and her soul is meant for another. In order for them to be reunited, Dank must fight to win Pagan's heart, once and for all.

After the wonderful roller coaster that was Predestined, I was really excited to find out how the Existence Trilogy ends. I honestly went into this certain that Pagan and Dank would get a happily ever after, but looked forward to the journey as much as the destination. The Existence Trilogy does, thankfully, get wrapped up into a nice, tidy package. I was very happy with an ending that leaves everyone where they should be.

I did find Ceaseless to be a bit rushed. Certain aspects, such as Pagan's bond with another soul and the choice she must make, didn't feel as fleshed out as I hoped, so the drama and angst was fairly low. As I say every time I read one of Glines' books, I do love her stories and characters, so I did truly enjoy Ceaseless. And you know what? I would love for Gee to have her own book!

Ceaseless was a fun, emotional read that will leave fans of the Existence Trilogy very satisfied.


Favorite Quote:

  "Pagan lifted one shoulder and I prayed by all that was holy that she'd take off that pink bra. This may be invading her privacy but I was Death, dammit. I should get some privileges."  (eARC, 25%)


  "Stop standing around and being all wounded and shit. Go do something about it. You're Dank Walker. You're f^cking Death. He's a human soul. You got this. Go figure it out." (eARC, 58%)

You can purchase Ceaseless at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble


Abbi GlinesAbbi Glines can be found hanging out with rockstars, taking out her yacht on weekends for a party cruise, sky diving, or surfing in Maui. Okay maybe she needs to keep her imagination focused on her writing only. In the real world, Abbi can be found hauling kids (several who seem to show up that don’t belong to her) to all their social events, hiding under the covers with her MacBook in hopes her husband won’t catch her watching Buffy on Netflix again, and sneaking off to Barnes and Noble to spend hours lost in the yummy goodness of books. If you want to find her then check Twitter first because she has a severe addiction to tweeting @abbiglines. Facebook is also somewhere she visits a little too often. She blogs regularly but rarely about anything life changing. She also really enjoys talking about herself in third person.

Connect with Abbi at:
her website | Twitter | GoodReads | Facebook
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. I love the quotes you've mentioned Andrea! Especially the first one! ;) I'm glad this series was wrapped up nicely for you, there's nothing worse than to be left hanging! I really need to start this series soon! Fabe review Andrea and I love it when these two make an appearance on covers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good resolution.

      Those two are on a TON of covers!

      Delete
  2. Love those quotes! I agree, Gee should get her own book, I absolutely love her. I too loved the way Abbi wrapped everything up, she did a good job!

    Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with the way the series ended, too.

      Gee is probably my favorite character in the entire series!

      Delete
  3. Oh I MUST read this one soon.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to Gee! She's awesome. Great review. I was happy that it was closed up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad this one wasn't fleshed out a bit more but happy that you enjoyed it overall. I haven't read any of Abbi's books but I did pick up The Vincent Boys a while back and hope to get to it soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't read your review because I haven't read the first two books yet. I just read your last line and the quotes. I really need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read some really good things about this series, although I am personally on an anti-romance kick right now. Maybe I'll snap out of it soon. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get on those same kicks, too, Camille. Right now I'm into low angst, plot-driven stories. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  8. I have this, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I have to make the time soon. I love everything Abbi writes. Awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm bummed that this book felt a bit rushed. I hate it when final books do that to you. I'm glad however that it wrapped up in a good place. You've given me hope! Thanks for the review. It's always good to hear positive thoughts on a book you plan on reading soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post