Monday, January 14, 2013

TEASER TUESDAY ~ TAKING CHANCES by MOLLY McADAMS




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Taking ChancesSeries: Stand alone (?)
Genre: Contemporary New Adult
Publisher: William Morrow
Publication Date: 10/16/12
Format: eARC
Pages: 432
Source: Received from publisher via Edelweiss



Eighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father's thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit; she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. Some she wasn't expecting yet, and others she never knew she was missing.

She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with her boyfriend Brandon, and her roommate's brother Chase. Covered in tattoos, known for fighting in the Underground and ridiculously muscled...they're exactly what she was always warned to stay away from, but just what she needs. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both adore and would do anything for Harper, including stepping back if it means she's happy.

Her first year away is turning out to be near perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.
 
 
My Teaser ~

    "Please don't. Don't give him everything."
He placed a hand on either side of my body and brought his face back to mine. "He doesn't deserve you Harper."
  My breath was coming in faster, and though I knew I should lean away, I couldn't make myself actually do it. "And who does, Chase...you?" My voice was barely a whisper. ~14%



**This is shaping up to be one steamy love triangle.**


You can purchase Taking Chances at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository


Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Steamy love triangle--oh MY. :) I keep seeing this book around--look forward to reading your review when you're finished!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already oogling this one with huge eyes, and I so want to read it! Thanks for the teaser, it just made it worse! ARGH! I WANNA!!! My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome teaser. Love triangles, I have a love/hate relationship with them lol.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been curious about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can totally relate to breaking out of a life under a father's thumb...and making reckless choices. Sounds tempting!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've taken some of my fear away about reading this. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my kindle! You'll have to let me know if I should be moving it up the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhh that is a great teaser! I'm always nervous with love triangles but this seems like one I could get into!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen the best reviews for this one, but it DOES sound steamy! Looking forward to your review! Thanks for sharing. Here's my teaser! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHhhh I kind of hate love triangles, but on the other hand if they are done well I love them. This book sounds really great. Awesome teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm staying far away from this book. I've heard many things. Can't wait to see what you think Andrea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good teaser, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday_7336.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a really good coming-of-age story. The cover alone raises lots of questions and makes me want to look inside. You chose a good teaser.
    My Teaser is from THE STORYTELLER.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear... that looks like a doozy. Great teaser, though! Thanks for sharing.
    Here is mine:
    http://library1baby.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday-that-something-and.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I met Molly in Houston. Been meaning to get to one of her books. This one sounds good.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser! I normally stay away from love triangles, but this is one that I am dying to try. I can enjoy a love triangle when it is the focus, rather than an annoying distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to start this one. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post