Tuesday, January 29, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY




Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's WoW selection is...

 
 
Wild AwakeSeries: Stand alone
Genre: Contemporary Young Adult
Publisher: Katherine Teegan Books
Publication Date: 5/28/13
 
Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:

1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.

Things that actually happen:

1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.

Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy.

 

Why I'm Waiting ~ Yes. To everything. I love, love, love stories in which the character goes the route of the least expected. I love the lists. I love the cover. Now, somebody go fetch me an ARC, please.   I got the eARC this weekend. Holla!

You can pre-order Wild Awake at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository

What are you waiting on this week?
 
 
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one before, but you can bet I just ran to goodreads to add it. I'm also very jealous and excited to read your review! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently in a contemporary reads funk and this sounds absolutely fantabulous. here is my Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This while not my normal type of read does sound very good. Enjoy your eArc!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh.. I LOVE the sound of that! Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention, it's going on my tbr right away. =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like something I would like. Adding it. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way the synopsis is written! I am so curious what happened to her sister and who she will fall for? Possibly the guy that has her stuff? Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a copy of this one, as well. Sounds so good...I can't wait till I can get to it! Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still waiting for copy you lucky duck! :O) I really hope it's as good as advertised.

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-01302013.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for this book!! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this sounds amazing! I am adding it to my to-read list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I've never heard of this one, but wow does it sound good! Awesome choice, this is going on my never ending TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes!! I am dying to read this one too!! It sounds so good!! I got it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read this too.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got this one, too, Andrea! It sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just requested this on Edelweiss and hopefully i get it!
    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet! Can't wait to hear what you think. I was drawn to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG so jealous!! Can't wait to see what you think of it. I'm dying to get my hands on this one!! Great pick and thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES!!!! I am dying for this one!! Cannot wait. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds really good!

    www.themakeupmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoo, for getting approved!!!!! I never heard of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOOT! WOOT! I agree! Someone get me an ARC! I can't wait to hear what you think of it! Happy reading!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like a really fun book, and something I'd really like.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This book sounds/has the ability to be epic. Thanks for sharing! Totally just added it to my tbr :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post