Friday, January 11, 2013

{WICKED WINTER SATURDAYS} SURRENDER TO TEMPTATION, PARTS 1 and 2 by LAUREN JAMESON



Baby, it's cold outside! Time to snuggle up with a mug of hot chocolate (or a glass of wine!) and fall into a steamy, sexy book.

Wicked Winter Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews


**The books featured on WICKED WINTER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **

Surrender to Temptation Part I: Tempted to SubmitSeries: Surrender to Temptation
Genre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Intermix
Publication Date: 12/31/12
Format: eARC
Source: Received from publisher.


In this stunning debut, Lauren Jameson presents a story of unexpected desire, where two strangers play a dangerous game in the quest for incredible pleasure. But winning comes with a price...
"Surrender to Temptation," Part I
"Tempted to Submit
"
After walking in on her boyfriend with another woman, Devon Reid decides to seek solace in the small Californian town she's often visited on vacation. Instead, she finds herself consumed by a dark, mysterious man who sets her ablaze with a simple look. Devon has always been the good girl, but Zach's touch turns her into something primal, especially when he persuades her to give up control. But while Zach can make her burn, he also runs hot and cold, seducing Devon one moment and turning her away the next. When Devon starts her new job at Phyrefly Aviation, she learns that "Zach" is actually Zachariah St. Brenton, founder and CEO of the massive corporation. And while Devon knows she should keep things with Zach strictly professional, his overwhelming magnetism makes it impossible to stay away... Includes a bonus excerpt of Lauren Jameson's upcoming novel, "Blush." More to come...Don't miss "Surrender to Temptation," Part II, available 1/8

I've enjoyed other works from Lauren Jameson (under the name Lauren Hawkeye), so when I'm offered the opportunity to review new stories, I'm always game.

Surrender to Temptation is a series of novellas, about Devon Reid. Devon is a woman who seems shy, reserved, and has self-esteem issues. That is certainly not helped when she discovers her boyfriend is cheating on her. When she learns this, Devon just leaves, escaping to a town she loved as a child. Almost immediately, Devon is approached by a gorgeous, mysterious, extremely forward man. After a strange, erotic encounter, she can't get him out of her mind. And he keeps turning up, turning her on, and giving cryptic mixed signals. When he becomes her boss, Devon and Zach take the employee/employer relationship to a whole new level.

Okay, so I liked this. Devon was an "Everywoman", a girl many of us can relate to. She's not a bombshell, she doesn't have sexy comebacks, she's just real. I'm not sure how I feel about Zach yet. His hot-and-cold nature didn't exactly get me hot and bothered, but his sexual nature and the way he was able to rev Devon up certainly did.

Overall, I'm intrigued and curious as to what happens in Part Two.


Favorite Quote:

    "Open your mouth." Zach swiped the berry that he had nipped from my fingers through the mound of whipped cream before pressing it against my lips. I opened my mouth, my tongue flickering out to lick up the cream.
  He moaned softly. Emboldened by forces that mystified me, I took a small bit of the juicy berry, chewing slowly, licking my lips after I'd swallowed.




Surrender to Temptation Part II: Tempted to RebelSeries: Surrender to Temptation
Genre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Intermix
Publication Date: 1/8/13
Format: eARC
Source: Received from publisher.


While learning the ropes of her new job, Devon can’t help but be distracted by the sexual delicacies offered by Zach, her domineering and seductive boss. She’s more than ready to take their relationship to the next level—and move their liaisons from the office to a more private setting.

Sick of taking the safe route in life, she dares Zach to do as he will—and is rewarded with mind-blowing satisfaction. Given the opportunity to take control, Zach pushes Devon past her breaking point, and helps her discover depths she never knew she had.


But when Devon tries to learn more about her lover, Zach withdraws, becoming the exact opposite of the dominant man who took her apart piece by piece. Now, Devon must decide if her desire for Zach is worth facing his demons head-on…


In Tempted to Submit, we met Devon and Zach. In Tempted to Rebel, we learn more about what Zach wants from, and for, Devon.

In Part One, I found Zach intriguing but definitely confusing. I wanted to like him, to see what has Devon so enamored. I'm seeing a little more of that, but the man is definitely a puzzle. I just don't feel that I know him yet, but by the end, I don't think Devon does either.

Tempted to Rebel was very naughty. Zach seems to be putting Devon through the paces, initiating her into his lifestyle. There are some really hot scenes, one of which involves balls. Not those kind! Wait, yes it does, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Another involves sex on a car. Hot sex on a car. It was gooood.

Zach and Devon seem to have a semblance of a relationship going. Then, I reached the end of the story and was like "What the f*ck just happened here?!?" Devon and Zach seem to go one step forward and two steps back. I will definitely read Part Three, Tempted to Obey to learn what happens next.

Favorite Quote:

  I fisted my hands in his suit jacket, feeling the pressure within me finally, gloriously rising, bringing me close to the edge.
  It wasn't enough. I wanted more. I wanted him to brand me with his body, to let me know that I was woman enough to make Zachariah St. Brenton lose control.


You can purchase Surrender to Temptation: Tempted to Submit at:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble 

You can purchase Surrender to Temptation: Tempted to Rebel at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I haven't hard of these until now, but I would be just annoyed to reach the end and have no idea what just happened!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm these novellas sound good, but I don't know if it would be something I would pick up. Great review babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. Sounds like two more steamy reads to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it. Not sure it's for me.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..sounds like Zach and Devon are interesting. I do like that you said Devon is an "every woman"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too like the idea of Devon being like every woman, and sex on/in a car, brings back memories... ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these sound spicy. I think I'd want to wait until all the stories are out to pick this up though, because I hate waiting in between stories. Thanks for featuring these, Andrea. I love short and spicy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound really hot and fun reads. I'll check them out. Thanks for putting them on my radar! Enjoyed your great reviews! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post