Friday, January 25, 2013

{WICKED WINTER SATURDAYS} HOT TICKET (SINNERS ON TOUR #4) by OLIVIA CUNNING




Baby, it's cold outside! Time to snuggle up with a mug of hot chocolate (or a glass of wine!) and fall into a steamy, sexy book.
 
Wicked Winter Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews
Taryn @ My Secret Romance



**The books featured on WICKED WINTER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **

Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #4)Series: Sinners on Tour #4
Genre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: 2/13/13
Format: eARC
Source: Received from publisher, via NetGalley






There are things in bassist Jace Seymour’s past that he is unwilling to share with anyone. To cover his guilt and anguish, he seeks dominatrix Mistress V (Aggie) to temporarily placate his inner turmoil. Aggie doesn’t have much use for men–besides the power rush she gets when they’re begging for mercy at her feet–but Jace isn’t like her usual clients. His cool defiance and unexpected dominance in the bedroom drives her to distraction and quickly steals her heart. When circumstances threaten Jace’s position in Sinners, Aggie must help him regain his rightful place in the band while showing him that time and love can heal all wounds.
Alright, I have something different for you this week. Back in November, Autumn (from Autumn Review) came to visit me. We read Hot Ticket together. It was an experience. We decided to do a "chat review". We had tons of fun and we hope you enjoy it, too.

You can also listen to the audio review at Autumn After Dark. Beware: There's swearing. I think I may have dropped the f-bomb a few times. There's also tons of giggling, my husband interrupting, and the clinkage of beer bottles. Good times.


Hot Ticket Review Chat

On a scale of Trey, Reagan, Ethan, how hot was Hot Ticket?

Andrea: I would say it’s hotter. I would give it DT +1, because you have all the sexiness without the conflicting relationship dynamic. You have the good sex without the baggage. What about you?

Autumn: Yes, I would say for me it was hotter in a way because there was no conflicting emotions, no added drama of the emotional undercurrent that was DT. The sex was equally hot, but it was truly about their relationship.

Andrea: I was surprised too, because I didn’t think anything would ever top DT.

Autumn: Agreed. I was a wreck after DT.

Andrea: Only the fact that you were here kept me from being a wreck with Hot Ticket.

Autumn: Exactly.

*both laugh*

 
How do we feel about the timeline being concurrent with Rock Hard?

Autumn: I really liked it because the fact of the matter is that this is a big group of people we’re dealing with. So, it made sense that it would run parallel because multiple things are happening with that big of a group. It was a reminder to me of some of the things that happened in RH, since it’s been so long since I’ve read it. And going from reading DT, being the last book and then going back to see the original order, it was nice.
 
Andrea: It was almost like a reset. It was like; this is how it should be. I thought OC did a really great job, because Jace does meet Aggie in RH, but since it’s not Jace’s story, so you basically get Jace taking off all the time wondering why isn’t he paying more attention to Trey. I mean, I forgot about him a lot because he was always gone and she did a great job because it was like RH, but Jace’s story.  A different point of view sort of. I loved how in RH, Sed and Jess walk in on Jace and Aggie and OC incorporated all of that. It felt goood reading it from this POV.

Autumn: Yeah, I liked it.
 
 
Ok, How surprised were you about Jace’s past and Eric’s influence on his life and how it impacted Jace’s story?

Andrea: Makes Jace a much more memorable character, because I’ve always liked him but he was easy to forget because he was so quiet and closed off. I always wondered about Eric’s animosity and I always though it was because Jace replaced John. I always wondered why Jace was so willing to take Eric’s animosity. I was very surprised that extra emotional aspect to the story. So, that’s my answer.

Autumn: Ok. Yeah, I well I have always liked Jace, so I was excited about learning more about why he was so quiet. I mean we knew he dabbled in the bdsm lifestyle, but we didn’t really know the details or reasons why. There were some things I was surprised about as far as his past is concerned. I really liked learning about his connection with Eric, how he came into the band and his motivation for joining. I love him even more know than I did before.

Andrea: For sure.

 
What do we like the most about Aggie?

Andrea: I loved that she knew how to give Jace what he needed emotionally to be able to let go of his past, but she acknowledged why he felt the need to feel pain. She knew what he needed and wasn’t willing to let him push her away. And she knew how to break that shit down.

Autumn: I agree with everything you just said, but I also want to reiterate that while she broke him down, she never tried to change him. She didn’t want him to stop, even though they were dealing with some of those issues, she wasn’t trying to stop him from feeling that he needed the bdsm lifestyle. He needed it for a reason. She helped him work through the issues, but didn’t try to change him.

Andrea: She helped him embrace the pleasure with the pain.

Autumn: Yes!

Andrea: He needed both. She forced him to see that he was allowed pleasure. We are so smart.

Autumn: Yes.

*Laugh*

 

Are there any plot points that could have been expanded on?

Andrea: It’s hard to say this without spoilers, there is a surprise connection between Brian and Jace that I felt could have been more of a bigger confrontation between the two at the end. I mean, I felt like it could have been a bigger resolution.

Autumn: Agree. That was my biggest thing that could have been expanded on and I could have completely done without Aggie’s mom. That could have been touched on without really added the mom as much in the story.

Andrea: But, it provided for a few laughs.

Autumn: It did. For sure.

Andrea: Especially at the end.

 

What was your favorite scene, moment, or both?

Autumn: My favorite sexual scene would be the first scene between Jace, Aggie, and Eric. That was pretty hot. A close second, as far as the s.e.x. scenes go would be the second scene with Eric, Jace, and Aggie. That was pretty hot also. Then my favorite moment really made me Jace telling Aggie he loved her. That was pretty big.

Andrea: That was a slow burn.

Autumn: It was a slow burn and it really showed Jace in a more vulnerable way. I mean, this whole book, he’s pretty vulnerable, but I think that he allowed himself to feel love finally. He accepted it and allowed it. Other than the smoking hot sex scenes.

Andrea: That is a big moment. I would say my favorite moments that did not involve peen, I mean that was big and I loved it, but I really loved when the band and particularly Eric really started pulling Jace in and validated him. When they make music together and Eric acknowledges that Jace is one of the best bassist in the world, I really really, loved that. And, my favorite sexual scene is definitely both you mentioned. The first one especially. We hadn’t seen Eric up close and personal since book 1 when he held Myrna for Brian. He brings a lot of humor. Anyway, I really like the scenes where Eric participates. I really want to talk about where he sticks stuff.

Autumn: I wouldn’t. That would be spoilery. That was a big moment.

Andrea: I know. I know.

*Both pause to take a drink of beer.*

Andrea: I do like when he’s like “Your balls are touching my balls.”

*Both laugh*

Andrea: So, yeah, sexual wise, the same as you.

 

How do we feel about the group dynamic, which you just touched on?

Andrea: I loved it. I loved how it was like everyone else then Jace. But that was partially Jace’s fault. In a tight group that’s been together for years, has a long-standing history, but I loved how that brought Jace into the fold. They’re like brothers. Always teasing each other about sex, so yeah. I really liked there were no groupies. At this point they’re really weren’t any and I liked that because I don’t like groupies.
 
Autumn: My favorite thing about the group dynamic changing was that it really felt like they came together as a whole. I guess I felt like in the first few books; it was each guy had their own life separate from the band, they still have that but I felt like they really came together more as a family unit.

Andrea: Everyone’s taking care of everybody.

Autumn: Yeah, so I think that was my favorite thing about the group.

 
Ok, in order, the Sinner you would like to bone the most.

Andrea: You go first.

Autumn: Ok. My order would be. This might surprise you actually. My order would be Brian, Jace, Eric, Sed, and Trey.

Andrea: Why Eric? I’m surprised.

Autumn: I don’t know. I think Eric is pretty sexy.
 
Andrea: Yeah.

Autumn: And until this book, my order was different.

Andrea: What was your order before.

Autumn: My order before would have been Brian, Jace, Trey, Eric, Sed.

Andrea: My number one would be Brian or Sed. I know that’s kind of an unpopular pick, because Sed tends to rub people the wrong way, but he tends to rub me the right way. And so, you know I like my men aggressive.

Autumn: You need someone to take the leadership role.

Andrea: I do. I’m not comfortable being the leader. I’m not. Ok so, you know what’s really surprising is that I would think Trey would be near the top, but really I would go for Sed, Brian, Jace, Eric, and Trey. Because…

Autumn: I’m surprised!

Andrea: Why? What did you think I would pick?

Autumn: I thought you would say Brian and Sed would be the top two, but then I figured Trey would be your third and then maybe Jace and Eric.

Andrea: I just don’t like competition from men.

Autumn: *cracks up* me neither.

*Both laughing*

Autumn: I can’t compete with the dick.

Andrea: Trey is fantastic and he would probably be my favorite to hang out with, but…

Autumn: He would be a great buddy.

Andrea: It’s hard enough fighting off all the women groupies, let alone the men groupies. So, yeah my list is surprising. I’ll probably be one of the only people to say Sed. My number one choice.

Autumn: No. I think there are people like Sed. I think a lot of the people that like Jacob (Sole Regret)

Andrea: See, Jacob is my favorite.

Autumn: I like Gabe. Gabe, then Jacob. I’m not crazy about Adam.

Andrea: He’s got a lot of baggage.

Autumn: He’d be at the bottom of my list for those boys.


Ok, last question: HT in five words.

Andrea: Funny, sad, sexy, pain, and pleasure

Autumn: Ok. HT for me would be sad, sexy, tragic, funny, and love.

Andrea: Very good.

 

Autumn: Ok, I think we’re done.

*Both laugh AGAIN*

 

Favorite Quotes:

  He had that stereotypical bad boy look--leather, tattoos, and a giant chip on his shoulder--which was contradicted by the sweetest face she'd ever seen.

 
  "Your beauty steals my breath," he murmured.
  "Your kiss steals mine."


  God, the look on her face when they submitted to her was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. She was all powerful--in total control.
  A goddess. A demon. An angel.


  When they stopped singing, Sed and Eric stared at each other in surprise. They knew it too. Jace's only regret was that Brian and Trey weren't there to share the moment.
  "That was awesome," Jace said. "Holy shit. Do it again."


  He focused on the pain, needing it as a cover, needing it to blot out the vivid pain that stained his soul black. With each lash, the white hot sensation pressed the darkness deeper, where he could pretend it didn't exist.
 
 
Sinners on Tour Series
(click the cover to read my reviews)
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1)Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #4)Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #3)
 

You can purchase Hot Ticket at:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I love your review chat with Autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it's going to be very interesting. :) It'll be a while before I get to it, but I enjoyed reading the review anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I loved this!! If my daughter wasn't sitting here I would go to Autumn After Dark and listen to it. I can imagine I would be laughing listening to it. You girls totally rock!! I definitely need to pick up this series!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Such an awesome idea! Sounds like it was alot of fun to do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This review was great, loved the back and forth between you two! I can only imagine what it sounds like---Heading to After Dark, next

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, you two are like twins, I swear. :) This was great. I'll have to get over to Autumns and listen to the audio because i'm sure that's even funnier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serious twins! Too fun.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review chat, I haven't read this one yet but I am a huge sinners fan... I like Sed and Brian's stories but I need to read about Jace. In Backstage Pass (I think it was in that one) he was quiet and then he found the cat and I knew I wanted to know more about him.
    Sounds like you ladies had a great time chatting about this book, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE the chat!! Eric and Gabe are my favorites, I think I have a thing for drummers? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post