Friday, March 29, 2013

{WICKED WINTER SATURDAYS} HONEY RED by LIZ CROWE

 

"Spring is here, and pollen is in the air. While you're sneezing your way towards Summer, pop those Claritin and lose yourself in a Sultry Spring Read."

Sexy Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews
My Secret Romance
Globug and Hootie Need a Book


**The books featured on SULTRY SPRING SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **

Honey RedGenre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Tri Destiny Publishing
Publication Date: 12/30/13
Format: eARC
Source: Received from publisher for review

Two men suffering from visible and invisible wounds meet by chance circumstance.

Nick Traynor and Ian Donovan spend a lot of time and effort keeping it very hot, only physical, and purely superficial. But when their resolve starts to slip, a woman is tossed into their midst.

Hannah Williams wants nothing more than to do her job until something better comes along, but is forced to own up to her visceral reaction to Ian, her new boss, and later to Nick, his sometimes lover.

Lust has a funny way of turning into companionship, and eventually evolving into a deeper connection. Faced with the internal and external complications of their potential three-way relationship, they begin to heal and trust, to consider that it might work. Then life tosses them a hardball, forcing them back into their respective corners, where each must choose what is most important.

Three people determined not to commit, thrown together by fate and undeniable attraction--their nights heat up and emotions run high in spite of a claimed mutual desire to "keep it simple." In the process of honest self-discovery, can they learn that while love is never simple, it is definitely worth fighting for?
 
Honey Red was a lot more than I expected, and I really liked it.

In this story, you have three people dealing with their own complicated issues. Ian is the center of this unique relationship. He a single father, a former f*ck up, and I seriously liked him. He had this really blunt manner that made me smile, and I loved his personality. Ian is bisexual, and he has fallen in love with a man, Nick.

Nick was heartbreaking. A Vet who lost his love in an attack in the Middle East, the same attack that left him blind, Nick is broken, and understandably angry at the world. He was turned away by his parents when he came out in college, and all he has left is his sister, who is dating Ian's brother Gavin. Nick and Ian are immediately attracted to each other, and quickly act on it. But Nick's issues, both mental and physical, cause his to drive Ian away, into the arms of Hannah...

Hannah is a recent grad school graduate and she needs a job in a bad way. When she lands a job at Gavin and Ian's brewery, she is quick to notice the sexy Ian. But since she's been told that he prefers his own gender, Hannah doesn't think she has a chance with Ian. When she finds out that he indeed does like both men and women, she gives in to the attraction, but believing he can only love Nick, she tries to keep their encounters casual.

Until she meets Nick for herself. Then she understands why Ian is so hung up on him. As a matter of fact, she'd like to partake in Nick herself, and of course Ian is totally on board with that. After some convincing, Nick agrees to become involved with both Ian and Hannah. Things go well, until the dynamics of the relationship are put to the test. A few bumps and surprises occur along the way. Along with some hot hot hot lovin'. Wow, Liz Crowe really brought the steam in Honey Red. And I loved every single moment!

But seriously, besides the fun, complicated, and hot relationship, Honey Red was both sad and inspiring, particularly where Nick is concerned. I quickly became engrossed in the story and could hardly put it down. It was a really, really good story and I will definitely read more from this author in the future.


Favorite Quote:

  "You know what," Nick muttered into her neck as he trailed a hand up her thigh. "You need to make a beer that tastes like this." His hand went higher, disappearing under her robe.
  Ian laughed and brought the plate of food to the table. "Dude, if I could make a beer that tasted like p***y I would be a zillionaire by now."  ~76%




You can purchase Honey Red at:
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. LMAO! The quote!!! Love it! This sounds interesting thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, Andrea. I've seen this one around and have wanted to read it. It looked fun but I'm even more intrigued now knowing it's deeper. And I LOVE the quote! Yes, I'm sure MANY men would like that flavor in a beer! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That quote, Andrea! I'm not usually a fan of multiples but this sounds like a different and deeper story. Sounds like a lot of fun, too! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I don't know what to say after that quote! ;) Probably isn't one for me (like Rachel, I'm not a fan of multiple partners either), but I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. It's great that there was an emotional edge to it too. Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an interesting book. I am interested in how the whole three way relationship really works out in the end. That quote is awesome!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never enjoy threesomes. I'm not opposed to them in a judgmental way but I feel jealous for them lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one for review too and now I'm even more excited to read it! Glad you liked it babe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want to read this! I love Liz Crowe -- Have you read her Stewart Realty series? I recently read the first three books of that series and I LOVED it so much! Great review as always Andrea! :)

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quote is hilarious! Great review. This sounds like a fun as well as hot book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post