Monday, March 25, 2013

TEASER TUESDAY ~ SHARK BAIT




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole #1)Series: Grab Your Pole #1
Genre: Mature Young Adult Contemporary
Publisher: self-published
Publication Date: 6/15/12

Previously homeschooled Camie Ramsey is being shoved into the shark-infested waters of public high school, where even helium filled, penguin bespeckled arm floaties likely won’t help keep her inexperienced, fifteen-year old head above water in that rip current of hormones and emotions.

Camie’s worldly wisdom might be severely lacking (i.e., the closest she’s come to being kissed was sitting too close to the TV whilst Jake Ryan leaned in to give Samantha that fateful 16th birthday kiss), but she does understand her only hope for survival is if she’s thrown some kind of “social” life preserver before she sinks like a freaking rock. However, what will her fate be when she endeavors to flag down the only lifeguard on duty, the enormously popular and ridiculously beautiful Tristan Daniels? The most sought after and virtually most unattainable guy in school who not only makes Camie’s heart flatline on a recurring basis, he’s also the one guy who seemingly doesn’t know she exists.

Feeling like an inept piece of chum that could ultimately be swallowed by Jaws, can Camie get Tristan to rescue her from floundering in the treacherous deep, or is she destined to be Shark Bait?
______________________________________________

Author's Note:
While the tales themselves are fictional, some of the events and characters are very loosely based in reality and on my experiences—but don’t worry, the names of the characters, most of their unfortunate fashion sense and/or questionable taste in music has been changed to protect the not-so innocent.
______________________________________________

Due to language and some adult content, this book may not be suitable for readers under the age of 16


My Teaser~

  "Is something wrong?" I asked, not knowing why he'd gotten so "dreamy" out there or what that look was about, or, in fact, how to take any of it. I was second-guessing myself, as I oftentimes do, wondering if I'd just mistakenly read whatever might be growing between us to be more than what it is.
  "No...not wrong. It's just...no one's ever understood it that way before." He sounded almost gratified. Then, adjusting the rearview mirror and looking out the windshield, Tristan quietly asked, "So, where do we go from here?"
  The optimist in me thought it sounded like he could've been asking about us in a figurative way and I felt like saying, "I don't care where we go as long as I'm with you." My inner realist told him where I live instead.   ~27%




I kid you not, guys, Shark Bait is on my all-time favorites list. All. Time. Favorites! It is ridiculously funny, honest, real, romantic, and sweet. My review will be coming soon.


Purchase Shark Bait at
Amazon (only $0.99)  |  Barnes & Noble 

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Ooh your opinion on the book makes me want to look this up. Thanks for sharing!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super cute! I'm sure I could relate a little since I was homeschooled myself. :)

    Here's my TT post.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her inner thoughts! Good teaser.

    My teaser is here: http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-blood-and-bullets.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks great. I like the teaser, and the cover is amazing. I'm glad you enjoyed it - self published books are either great or bad, and I'm glad this is one of the great ones. :) Enjoy reading!

    My TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! The teaser and your opinion makes me curious about the rest of the book. Enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so taken with the teaser, but your enthusiasm is catching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your TT makes me very interested in this book. I will def add it to my list. Here's mine...

    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. *le sigh* I'm SOOOO happy to have you in my GYP obsession, I mean fan club. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fangirl moments lol! Can't wait to see this review

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute tease! Also that cover is adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds sweet! Thanks for sharing.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT! It's coming up super soon on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good teaser! enjoy.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read this book. I have heard such fabulous things about it!! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser. I am staring this one soon to. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds cute, but I've never given it a second thought because of that cover. THIS is why I love Teaser Tuesday! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that teaser, especially the last line. I'm definitely interested in reading this one, I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks for dropping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you enjoyed this one -- that's a great teaser!

    Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. *sigh* I didn't sneak this in and now I wish I had. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. I don't usually read contemporary, but this sounds good and to hear it's on your all time favorites. Well, that's great! :D

    If you'd like to stop by I have a teaser up this week and a giveaway with it. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-156-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post