Monday, April 1, 2013

TEASER TUESDAY ~ THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


This Is What Happy Looks LikeCategory/Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Publisher: Poppy
Publication Date: 4/2/13

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names. Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles. When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs. Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.


My Teaser ~

  The thought occured to her with surprising force: He's sad. She wasn't sure how she knew this, but she was suddenly certain it was true. Underneath all the rest of it--an unexpected nervousness, a hint of caution, a bit of wariness--there was also a sadness so deep it startled her. It was there in his eyes, which were so much older than the rest of him, and in the practiced blankness of his gaze. ~eARC, 10%



Purchase This is What Happy Looks Like at:
 
 
 

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I love the writing in your teaser. So descriptive. Thanks for posting the synopsis too. Sounds like a good story.
    My Teaser is from THE FORTUNE QUILT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this I wanna cry! Gosh, I really, really need this! Thanks for sharing! My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really great read and I love your teaser! The cover is awesome too :) Here is my TT: http://pamelasbookspot.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/tuesday-56-dance-of-shadows-by-yelena.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read! Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/04/tuesday-teasers-two-today.html.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice one -- I generally like contemporary YA, so I'll add this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww that sounds like a good book! Adding it to my pile(s) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the 4 books I'm working on right now! (I'm having a bit of a book flipping crisis). It's cute so far though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that teaser!! It shows the beauty of the writing. I am looking forward to this book. I loved TSPoLaFS and have been waiting for another book from her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a good quote. I loved that scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I'm adding this to my list to read - thanks!

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get my anxious little fingers on a copy of this adorableness! Is it as great as I'm hoping?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh heavens, I want to read this one so so badly. Thanks for featuring it!

    Here's my teaser tuesday over at i*Heart*BigBooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser. I have seen this a couple of time in the last few days. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and I'm really excited to read this book! I adored that teaser! <3 so cute :) thanks so much for sharing.

    My teaser.

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww. I can't wait to start this one! Great teaser, Andrea! Thanks for sharing & stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a great read and I have heard good things. Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm anxious to see what you thought of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book is okay. I loved this teaser though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet and sad teaser! I think I'm going to enjoy this book. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by! Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post