Friday, April 26, 2013

SULTRY SPRING SATURDAYS: STRINGS by KENDALL GREY and TOUCH ME by OLIVIA CUNNING



 
"Spring is here, and pollen is in the air. While you're sneezing your way towards Summer, pop those Claritin and lose yourself in a Sultry Spring Read."
Sexy Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews
My Secret Romance
Globug and Hootie Need a Book


**The books featured on SULTRY SPRING SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **
 
 
Strings (Hard Rock Harlots #1)Series: Hard Rock Harlots #1
Genre: Erotica
Publisher: Howling Mad Press
Publication Date: 4/20/13
Format: ebook
Pages:
Source: Received from author for review
 
 
 WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching bitties, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses, or anyone under the age of 18. The vile, base language and shocking, unholy sexual acts contained herein are not condoned by anyone with a lick of sense and should certainly not be reproduced without proper training and protection. The potty-mouthed and perpetually horny "heroine" (the term is used loosely) of this book does not resemble a normal, well-adjusted, or remotely believable person in any way, shape, or form. The author acknowledges that the characters in this book are shallow and two-dimensional; the plot is both ridiculous and insipid. She makes no apologies for any of it.

* Readers are strongly advised to wear latex gloves whilst reading to minimize contamination risks.


Free-spirited musician Letty Dillinger adheres to a strict, “no strings attached” policy when it comes to men. After a wild night of unabashed sex in a fancy hotel room, she never expects to see the adventurous stud she dubs “Shades” again. When her all-girl rock trio books a tour at the last minute as the opening act for their archenemies, Letty’s shocked to discover she knows the competition’s new lead singer. Intimately. Shades is no longer a one-night stand. Now he’s the guy she has to one-up on stage every night for the sake of her career.

Sharing close quarters on a bus with her sexy nemesis and his bad-boy buddies puts Letty’s Golden Rule to the test. On this tour, guitar strings aren’t the only things being played. And when heartstrings are pulled too hard, they’re bound to snap sooner or later.
 
 

With it's kickass heroine and her raunchy romps with the sexy opposition, Strings is a book that will surely rock your face -- and your panties-- off.
 
Holy. Crap. I don't even know where to begin with this book. Well for starters, take a good look at the disclaimer at the top of the synopsis. Take those statements seriously. If you can't handle balls-to-the-wall, scandalous, reeeeaaallly descriptive and raunchy dialogue/thoughts/sex scenes, then I can almost guarantee that Strings is not the book for you. That's okay.
 
Buuuuut... if you can handle all the aforementioned crude, graphic, hardcore filth, shot through with an insane amount of humor, then CONGRATULATIONS!, because Strings just may be the book you you.
 
Y'all know I love a good rockstar story, but how often do we get an unapologetic, unfiltered, purely badass rockstar chick? Letty was incredible. I love how she just goes after what she wants, and that she lives her life freely. She is passionate about her band and her music. She is wild and uninhibited.  And by wild I mean, she picks up and has really hot sex with a really hot guy. And by uninhibited I mean this sex was jaw-dropping, intense, and will likely set your undies on fire. Yeah.
 
And who can blame her with Shades. This sexy mofo is every rockstar-loving woman's wet dream. Hot. Intense. Fun. Willing to do WHATEVER Letty wants. Now, I'm not saying that I would bow down in worship at the alter of Shades (totally lying, I would), but let's just say that I would make some really hot, really sweaty music with him any day of the week.
 
I had such an awesome time reading Strings. I laughed hard. I got extremely ahem... excited, by the naughtiness that transpired, and I truly enjoyed the story. This series promises a lot of good times ahead, and I cannot wait to hang with these rockers again in Beats and Nocturnes.

 
 
Purchase Strings at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Smashwords






 
Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #4)Series: One Night with Sole Regret #4
Genre: Erotic Romance
Publisher: Vulpine Press
Publication Date: 4/19/13
Format: Kindle
Pages: 156
Source: Bought
 
 
 

Book 4 in the One Night with Sole Regret serial series

He went there looking for a sure bet…
Sole Regret’s bassist, Owen Mitchell, is convinced that romance is for chumps. He’s only looking for a good time, and when he spots an attractive, older woman emitting men-suck vibes at a brand new sex club, he’s sure he’s found it.

She went there hoping to get over her ex-husband…
Successful business woman, Caitlyn Hanson, is still infuriated and hurt over her ex-husband’s affair with a much younger woman. She’s only looking to scrub his claim from her body by offering it to the first attractive man who shows her interest, and the young, hot stud, who just sat down at her table, will do quite nicely.

They never meant to get personal…
Caitlyn knows she’s not supposed to get attached to Owen just because he gives her body pleasure unlike any she’s ever known, but it’s her first one-night-stand and she can’t seem to keep her heart out of the equation. For once, Owen finds himself in the same conundrum. He likes Caitlyn too much to keep his heart at a safe distance, but will a mistake from Owen’s past drive her away forever?
 
 
Autumn and I always read Olivia Cunning's books together. Once again, we decided to go with a review chat.
Enjoy!
 
 

Andrea: You ready?
Autumn: let's do it!
....I have absolutely no plan in place

Andrea: Me neither. Let's see....

After reading Share Me, how excited were you to get Owen's story?
Autumn: Well, I was pretty excited about knowing more about Owen and his piercing.
Andrea: lmao YES! Piercings always make for an interesting man. I think Owen was a really sweet, really fun character. And after the... ahem, interesting turn of events in Share Me, I needed to find out exactly what is going on with him.
Autumn: Well, this one certainly started off with a "bang".
After Share Me, I think I was most surprised to learn how self conscious Owen is.
Andrea: Oh yeah! That was a big surprise and I have to say, was a turning point between my really liking him, and loving him. What a sweetheart.
Autumn: Owen is really sweet.


What did you think of Caitlyn?
Andrea: I really liked Caitlyn. I loved that she was in her 30s, successful, and a true sweetheart. She was vulnerable, but so brave to go to that sex club. I mean, I know people probably think I'm weird for admiring her for that. But really, I admire people who know what they want and just go for it.
Autumn: I admired her willingness to try something new. The, to go for a younger guy took balls.
You know I appreciate a ballsy chick.
Andrea: You are a ballsy chick! So I'm sure you appreciated one of your own.


So the sex in this book. It was...surprising, yes? What did you think?
Autumn: Ok, so yes I really enjoyed the sex, but that's not surprising. I think OC always pushes the boundaries further in each book.

The strap-on...surprisingly a big turn-on.
Andrea: I know, right? Seriously, who knew?
And it's funny because I am surprised by Olivia every single time. And I know that she's going to push it each and every time.
I will say, that first really big scene, that baby had a looong build-up. And it paid off. The other scenes were good, but no comparison.

After this book, the men whose wives read OC are going to be giving their ladies the side-eye.

Autumn: I agree. The other scenes were still hot, but the first one was the "biggie".

The side-eye indeed!

What was your favorite "thing" about this book?
Andrea: By "thing", do you mean sexual act or moment? Cos I think we know my favorite sex moment, but my favorite other moment was Owen dancing in the diner. Toooo stinking cute!
Autumn: Oh that was cute. Other than the sexy parts, I really loved that he wanted her to stay with him.
Another thing I liked was his relationship with his brother. I don't know if it will be a big part of the overall story or not, but I liked his phone conversation.
Andrea: Yes! I love the emotional vulnerability of OC's men. Owen reminded me a lot of Master Sinclair in that way.
I loved the moment with his brother.
Autumn: OMG, you're right!
You know the Master is my fav.
Andrea: Master Sinclair can be the Master of My Domain anytime he wants.
Autumn: WORD. Don't get me all hot and bothered thinking about the Master.
I need to be focusing on Owen. LOL
Andrea: OH! Another favorite moment, and I know for you too, was Gabe!! I love him.
Autumn: Of course!!! I love Gabe so so much. He's my fav in the Sole Regret Series. I love that he and Caitlyn bonded over "nerd" stuff.
That Force is one hot MF.
 
What are your thoughts on what's to come? That ending was pretty shocking.
Andrea:  That ending was so shocking. It made me sick, emotionally. Pissed me off. Then, that text happened, and that made me feel tons better. I was out of sorts when I went to bed after finishing. I woke up thinking about it. Then Eric offered his opinion on what's next (which we've discussed) and that made me feel pretty okay with things. I just wished that big twist stayed in the past.
I will give OC credit, even though I didn't love that turn of events, because it definitely caught my attention, and I'm dying to see how that whole shit storm is resolved.

So yeah, I have feelings about that. lol
Autumn: I agree. I was pretty upset about it. I woke up upset as well. But, I do believe the direction we discussed is the path she's going to take with it. We'll have to see. I'm more curious about Kellen after reading this book.
He's never been a significant interest to me, but I think I'll probably like him in the end.
I'd just need him to cut his hair.
Andrea: Kellan? Well, the broodiness doesn't turn me on, that's for sure. But have you seen the "Kellan" pics on OC's blog? Rawr. He's hot.
Yeah, I'm interested in Kellan for sure. Any man who can tie somebody up like that is a man I want to know.
Autumn: I think Kellen has skillZ.
You know I'm bossy, but I wouldn't mind being tied up by him. I'm a bit surprised that I'm as intrigued as I am.
Andrea: Yeah he does. And apparently he's a big fan of pie.
What's your favorite kind of pie, Autumn? Mine's pecan.
Autumn: PIE! Fuck hot
I love pecan too!!! And pumpkin. Not big on the fruit pies.
Andrea: Same here! I'm telling you, peas and carrots.
You know in Louisiana, we used to eat meat pies.
Autumn: Meat pies. That might be something I could do.
Andrea: Yep. Delish.

What was your favorite quote, term, or new word you want to steal from this book?
Andrea: I can't think of a word right now. What's yours.
Autumn: I have several quotes. But I'd have to say my new favorite saying is Fuck Hot.
Andrea: Oh yeah. Probably the same here.
Autumn: Favorite Quote: "This is Force," Owen said. "May the Force be with me," Caitlyn mumbled, lost in Force's amazing green-eyed gaze.
Andrea: Favorite Quote: "Shit no," Adam said. "I swear, Owen Mitchell is a synonym for gullible." "Adam Taylor is a synonym for asshole," Owen countered.
"Gabriel Banner is a synonym for let's get the fuck on the stage," Gabe said.


Let's rate the members of Sole Regret.
Andrea: For me: Shade, Owen, Gabe, Kellan, and poor Adam.
Autumn: Poor Adam--LMAO
Ok, my order: GABE, Shade, Owen, Kellen, and Poor Adam.
 
Five words to describe Touch Me.
Autumn: Sexy, surprising, tender, funny, and jaw-dropping
Andrea: Sexy, Fun, Surprising, Sweet, and Shocking
    Purchase Touch Me at:



     
    Photobucket

    9 comments:

    1. If I read erotica, then STRINGS would be on the list for the cover alone!

      ReplyDelete
    2. OMG I loved Strings!! That book was hilarious, and off the charts hot!! I still really need to read some Olivia Cunning. As always, great review and loved the review chat with Autumn. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I started Strings the other day and am loving it! Always have so much fun doing our joint reviews love dove. xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    4. Strings sounds steamy! I love a bit of humour in my books too, so I'm glad to hear it made you laugh. Love the joint review. You both pick sexy and surprising to describe Touch Me! Sounds awesome. :) Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Strings sounds hot! The first line of the synopsis had me soul, and combined with your review, it sounds like a must read. You and Autumn are so funny. I love it when you guys do that.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Woah these sure are steamy reads, I definitely know where to come when I'm in the mood for something like this on a Saturday! Thank for sharing these great reviews with us Andrea! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. I put Strings on my TBR! Love that disclaimer in the synopsis! ;) Great review - laughter and arousal - who could ask for more?!? :)

      And you know I love it when you and Autumn do your joint reviews! This one had me laughing. I've only read the first one in the One Night series...I really, really loved it. I need to read the other books in the series. Thanks to both of you!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I MUST pick up Strings and the One Night Series these both sound fantastic! I love your reviews, and joint reviews!

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

    Recent Post