Monday, August 27, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Demons of the SunPublisher: Crescent Moon Press
Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Format: ebook
Pages: 272
Source: Received from author for review.
Persephone didn’t ask to be the guardian of Hades Dagger, an artifact Hades forged to turn demons into daywalkers. She didn’t ask for the demon blood running through her veins that allows her to touch the thing, either. And she definitely didn’t ask for Jax, a cocky Warrior, to barge into her life and proclaim himself her bodyguard now that Hades wants his dagger back.

Forced to deal with this reality, along with an increase in demon attacks, and the fact members of the Order of Zeus keep turning up dead, Persephone finds her hands full. When demons tell Persephone that she’s one of them she’s appalled... And a little intoxicated by the power she feels when they call her their queen. Telling Jax about her demon side might turn him away from her forever... Something bad is brewing, and if Persephone doesn’t figure out a solution, and soon she’ll be responsible for unleashing Hell on Earth.




My Teaser ~

  "A metallic thud drew her attention. 'What was that?' she asked.
  Jax's eyebrows drew together. 'What was what?'
  Persephone sat next to him. 'Did you take a knife to school?'
  'Of course not. I took my sword.'
  'You took a sword to school! Are you crazy?'
  'It'd be crazy to not be prepared.' " (pg. 28)


You can preorder Demons of the Sun at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository

21 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a sword to school? Well, I guess it depends on what kind of school Jax attended!
    My teaser this week is from LIES THAT BIND by Delinda McCann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of read, thanx for the teaser!!

    Here’s My TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy in a good way, I'm guessing. I'm playing today here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope our schools don't get THAT bad!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/08/tuesday-teasers-two-fiction-and-one-non.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Great tease. It looks like there's some great chemistry between Persephone and Jax. I haven't heard of this book before but it sounds good. It sounds very loosely related to Greek Myth but interesting nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That synopsis has me intrigued, as does the teaser. I love mythology, but this is mythology with a TWIST! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my teaser. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fascinating blurb and teaser. Thanks for sharing...here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I like how Jax thinks. Reminds me a bit of Nick from Sarah Rees Brennan's Demon Lexicon series.

    My Tuesday Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I may just have to pick this one up! It sounds like a must read for me! Love, kick ass chicks w/ daggers, swords, or bow and arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome teaser!! I am going to be reading this one in November. I can't wait. It sounds really good. Besides that Cindi is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well this one looks pretty interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice teaser. I've been hearing good things about this book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yayyyyyyyyyy awesome teaser!!!!!! This book sounds really great, I definitely want to pick it up! Thanks for sharing :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  15. SWORD? At school? *shudders* Okay - yeah I'm a teacher but still. Wow just wow.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. THIS SOUNDS AWESOME! I can't believe I haven't heard of this!?? Great teaser! :D

    My TT! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha this one sounds like it has some good humour in it. Thanks for sharing, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good quote! I just read this the other day and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post