Monday, August 20, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Rift (Nightshade Series)
Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!

Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.

With action, adventure, magic, and tantalizing sensuality, this book is as fast-paced and breathtaking as the Nightshade novels.


My Teaser ~

"Barrow's fingers were barely touching her, but the light contact could have been an iron brand. Ember didn't dare move nor breathe. All she could think about was the way his hand burned into her skin but with a fire that didn't cause pain, just an awareness of her flesh and her blood, alive with sensation, like nothing she'd ever known." (ARC, pg. 26)


Check out my full review of Rift.

Expected Publication Date: August 7, 2012 by Philomel

You can purchase RIFT at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository

25 comments:

  1. Awesome teaser! I'm gonna be picking up a copy of this from the library tomorrow!

    My Teasers

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh I really want to read this one!!! Although I think I will miss the werewolves.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice teaser. The thing that she's holding in her hand reminds me of the weapon that Xena used.

    Check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rift sounds so good!Thanks for the teaser :)

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice! Intriguing and a little steamy. Rift does sound good, I like how it's about the Keepers.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teaser. I'll have to have a look at this one.

    My Teaser Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I still have to read this series. *sigh* This is definitely going up on my TBR list! :D Thanks for sharing! :D


    My TT! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG BARROW YES!!! I just started reading this book and I'm already hooked :D What a great teaser!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooo on the fence about reading this series. I liked Nightshade. Wolfsbane bored me with all the history. And then someone ruined the ending to Bloodrose for me. I know I shouldn't hold it against this prequel series, but I can't help it. :( Great teaser, regardless. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen- I know EXACTLY how you feel. I loved Nightshade, but couldn't bear to finish the series when I heard how it ends.

      Delete
  11. Awesome teaser!! I really want to read this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice tease! I have heard some pretty good things about this book. Thanks for stopping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for sharing :)
    Here's My Teaser
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh that's intriguing! This one has been catching my eye for a while, though I haven't picked it up yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa, nice teaser! It makes me want to hurry up and read the third book in the series AND this. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice teaser! Still on the fence about reading it though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the teaser! Such beautiful writing/imagery. I've thought about reading the Nightshade series for a while now but just haven't pushed myself to start it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't read the other books, but this one looks good!

    My Teaser

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like the teaser.The cover is great too! She looks so determined and fierce!

    This week my TT is from a New Release, Titled “Weighted” by Ciara Knight:
    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that teaser! This is a book I'll definitely be checking out soon – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesdays-insurgent-divergent-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really want to get to this one!! Nice teaser.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i never read the Nightshade series but I am interested in Rift. Hope I can get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post