Friday, August 17, 2012

SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS, #12


Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroos Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn Review, and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to challenge one other to add a little spice to our reading and to spread the word about sizzling summer reads.

**The books featured on SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please do not read this post. **


StifleSeries: Just Breathe Ephemera
Publisher: Howling Mad Press
Publication Date: August 8, 2012
Format: ebook
Pages: 21 pages (approx.)
Source: Received from author.
Sinnder is a hotter-than-blazes Fyre Elemental who thrives on the Fire of sex, and Scarlet, his partner in crime, plans to hook him up. Charged with "occupying" headstrong Zoe Morgan's attention at a local music club while Scarlet tries to get back in rock star Gavin Cassidy's bed, Sinnder walks into Shaggy's with zero expectations. But meeting Gavin's dream lover Zoe face-to-face arouses addictive heat he never anticipated. Captivated by the promise of the fiery passion lurking beneath Zoe's good-girl exterior, Sinnder will do whatever it takes to go down in flames with her - and Gavin if he has to.

STIFLE takes the reader on wild ride through the twisted mind of an Elemental consumed not only by Fire but by the ashes of his past. This sizzling bit of Just Breathe Ephemera features highly explicit content. Readers are strongly cautioned.


I am a huge fan of Grey's Just Breathe series, so I was beyond thrilled to learn she was writing a short story. When I learned that the story would be sexually explicit, involve Sinnder-Gavin-Zoe, and offer an alternate point of view of a scene in Inhale, I was through the roof with giddiness. (I might have pissed my pants.)

Stifle delivers. This story is, without a doubt, one of the best erotic stories I've ever read. The author has a talent for writing stories that embrace the reader, pulling us into the scene. The Sinnder-centered point of view was a brilliant move. Scenarios that wouldn't ring true for two of the characters made absolute sense when portrayed as a fantasy.

I still can't get Stifle out of my head. I'm not sure how many pages this story contains, maybe 25. But here's this: Stifle was so freaking insanely hot that it took me forty-five minutes to read. The picture of Sinnder-Gavin-Zoe that Grey paints is what fantasies are made of.  While I read, I was fanning myself, and I must have looked crazy, because my hubby actually stopped what he was doing and sat down to watch me read. When I finished, I put my Kindle down, declared Grey deserved a big kiss and promptly headed to the shower to cool down. When I got out of the shower, I caught him reading the story. He finished, looked at my with glazed over eyes, and shook his head a few times. Later he said to tell Grey "Thanks a million" for Stifle.

Kendall Grey possesses a true talent for erotica. I would love to see what she could do with a full-length novel. I hope she writes much more smut in the future!

You can purchase Stifle at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble

Kendall GreyKendall Grey, word diddler and whale champion, was born without an off-switch between her brain and mouth. She’s been called the “Flux Capacitor of Twitter” and “A little package of love all wrapped up in F-word paper,” but she’s really just a maniacal writer relaying eyewitness accounts of the rave inside her head. She writes urban fantasy with strong romantic elements and also dabbles in horror on occasion.
Kendall lives off a dirt road near Atlanta, Georgia, but don’t hold that against her.

Connect with Kendall at:
her website  |  GoodReads  |  Twitter  |  Facebook

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this review! YAY for more Kendall SMUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to read the other books to enjoy this one? Hope not, because I'm want to get my hands on it ;) Love these sexy saturdays, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this too!! It was freaking amazing!! I can't get enough of this series. (And Sinnder) Kendall totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Behind on this series :( So fun that you and Autumn posted about this book the same day.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post