Monday, August 13, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Poughkeepsie
He counts her smiles every day and night at the train station. And morning and evening, the beautiful commuter acknowledges him—just like she does everyone else on the platform. But Blake Hartt is not like the others . . . he’s homeless. Memories of a broken childhood have robbed him of peace and twisted delusions into his soul. He stays secluded from the sun, sure the world would run from him in the harsh light of day.

Each day, Livia McHugh smiles politely and acknowledges her fellow commuters as she waits for the train to the city. She dismisses this kindness as nothing special, just like her. She’s the same as a million other girls—certainly no one to be cherished. But special or not, she smiles every day, never imagining that someone would rely on the simple gesture as if it were air to breathe.

When the moment comes that Livia must do more than smile, without hesitation she steps into the fray to defend the homeless man. And she's surprised to discover an inexplicable connection with her new friend. After danger subsides, their smiles become conversation. Their words usher in a friendship, which awakens something in each of them. But it’s not long before their bond must prove its strength. Entanglements from the past challenge both their love and their lives.

Blake’s heart beats for Livia’s, even if her hands have to keep its rhythm. Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. Love never fails, right?

In an interwoven tale of unlikely loves and relationships forged by fire, Debra Anastasia takes readers into the darkest corners of human existence, only to show them the radiant power of pure adoration and true sacrifice. Complicated families and confused souls find their way to light in this novel, which manages to be racy, profane, funny, and reverent all at once.


Okay, So I read Poughkeepsie last week, and now it's my favorite book. I swear, it is filled with hundreds of worthy quotes. It was awful trying to narrow it down. Come back Thursday to check out my review and giveaway!

My Teaser ~

"Livia could feel Green Eyes standing up behind her. Then she caught his reflection in the shortest attacker's sunglasses. He was easily six feel tall. The teens' faces registered shock as he unfurled himself. But instead of trying to put the fear of God in the bullies, he whispered in her ear.
'You're going to miss your train.' " (ebook, 1%)


" 'Running won't stop me,' she continued. 'I'll keep finding you. I'll keep dragging you back here - right to this spot - until you can stand in the sun. With me.' " (ebook, 42%)


Watch the amazing trailer.


Published November 21, 2011 by Omnific Publishing.

You can purchase Poughkeepsie at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble |   Book Depository

17 comments:

  1. Awesome teasers! This book sounds great!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Teasers! That cover is gorgeous!
    Stopping through with My TT!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome teasers!! This sounds really great. If it's your new favorite book, I am sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this book on my TBR for months. I really need to get this book soon! It's being added to my next book order. And it's your new favorite book? Wow...
    Great teasers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! It will probably make me cry though, looking at the synopsis! Thanks for sharing :
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/teaser-tuesday-life-knocks.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book hardcore. Great pick Twinsie. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's such an awesome story. Insta-fav

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this book but thanks for sharing. I like that tease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh awesome teaser!!! I love that you loved it so much :D Thanks for sharing!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen so many positive reviews of this, I really need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you loved this! It's one of the most memorable books for me. The characters really touched me. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first I have heard about this book and you certainly have me interested. Will be adding it to my TBR list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thanks for sharing this novel! It sounds amazing, and with an endorsement like that, how could I not want to read this?!? Thanks for stopping by my teaser from Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds intriguing, great teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not usually interested in these kinds of books, but the teasers almost made me cry! So...I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my TT on YA Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like an emotional one. Thanks for sharing.

    #YourPalVal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing quotes!!! I really want to read this one especially now that you told me it's not too overly sad. There better be an HEA! I don't read books without HEAs lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that teaser! And I love the book even more (a re-read is definitely in my upcoming future!) – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesdays-once-eve-2-by-anna-carey.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post