Friday, August 3, 2012

SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS, #10


Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroos Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn Review, and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to challenge one other to add a little spice to our reading and to spread the word about sizzling summer reads.

**The books featured on SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please do not read this post. **

Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2)Loving him couldn’t be worse than losing him. Could it?

Candace Andrews has had enough of pleasing others. In an act of birthday rebellion, she sets out to please herself—by walking into the tattoo parlor owned by her cousin’s ex-boyfriend. All she wants is a little ink, and Brian’s just the guy to give it to her.

As soon as she submits to his masterful hands, though, the forbidden attraction she’s always felt for him resurfaces…and she realizes the devilishly sexy artist could give her so much more.
Sweet, innocent Candace is the last person Brian expected to see again. She’s everything he’s not, and her family despises him. He doesn’t need the hassle, but he needs her, and this time no one is taking her away. Not even those who threaten to make his life a living hell.

Backed into a corner, Candace faces the worst kind of choice. Cave in to those who think Brian is a living nightmare…or hold her ground and risk it all for the one man who rocks her world.

Warning: This book contains explicit sex, naughty language, tattoos aplenty, family drama, a hot rock concert…and a bad boy hero who’s pierced in all the right places.~From GoodReads

This week's Sexy Saturday read is Rock Me, book two in the Ross Siblings series. If you were here for last week's post, then you might remember that I reviewed book one, Unleashed. I really liked that book, I did. But I'm here to tell you that I LOVED Rock Me. It was fabulous.

I have to admit, I wasn't prepared for this level of sexy. Yes, Unleashed had it's sexy moments, but I read it as more of a romance. And I guess the difference is, this book is about a different Ross sibling, the oh so sexy Brian. Brian is the outsider in his affluent, cookie cutter family. He's always been known as the troublemaker. He didn't go the same route as his brother and sister, a lawyer and a doctor. Brian is a tattoo artist, even owns his own business. He's heavily tattooed, duh, and also heavily pierced. And he doesn't only have the average facial piercings, oh no. Brian has a piercing, nicknamed the "apa", that had me running to Google to check it out. Fair warning: you're going to see major peen if you look it up. If your husband is looking over your shoulder, he may whimper and hold his crotch. You may get a little queasy thinking about the pain involved. But then...the purpose behind the piercing comes into play and you will be looking at the apa in a whole new light. Just don't expect your man to accommodate. Ouch.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Brian, he's like sex on a stick. I love reading about guys like him. Sexy, misunderstood, really good guys who only seem bad are what do it for me. And Brian can work it. *daydreams*

I did like Candace, too. She's the good girl who always had a major crush on Brian, even when he dated her cousin. (Can we say awk-ward) But when Candace is ready to embrace her inner vixen, she goes all out. I admire her bravery, particularly in the face of the almighty apa. She did get on my nerves a bit, especially when she wrings her hands over her asshat family, and the fact that she wants to be independent first. I'm all for sisters taking care of their business, but when you have a great guy that loves you and will support you in whatever you do with your life, GRAB ONTO HIM AND NEVER LET HIM GO.

I have been on a mission for a fantastic sexy read to hold me over until Double Time (Sinners on Tour #3) releases in November. What I've found has been pretty good, but felt a bit lacking to me. Rock Me definitely filled that void.The plot was strong, I really liked the characters (especially Brian), and the sexy gave me hot flashes and giving my husband the side eye. You can not ask for more than that!


Favorite Quote:

"How often had she fantasized about running her fingertips along all those lines and patterns and hues, deciphering all the meandering shapes, exploring the statements he'd found profound enough to mark on his skin for all time...?" (ebook, 2%)

"He nudged her head around for a kiss, his lips hot and damp against hers, as bigger raindrops began to sprinkle over them. She couldn't get close enough this way, and it nearly broke something inside her. The rain landed in cold pinpricks on her feverish skin. She needed more of it, or more of him, to douse these flames before they could incinerate her." (ebook, 62%)


" 'I have no idea what's gotten into you.'
I do, she wanted to say. He's around six-two, heavily tattooed and f^cks like a god." (ebook, 75%)


Published May 4th 2010 by Samhain Publishing

You can purchase ROCK ME at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository


Source: Personal purchase

7 comments:

  1. OMG I love this review! The *side eye* LOL! I love Brian Ross. I liked this book much better than Unleashed. Maybe it was because of the APA?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I really need to read this soon. I'm all for sexy AND tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to look up that peen. lol, And these books sound like they might be up my alley. They seem to have a little bit of everything, which is awesome. I like sex, but I like story too, and I'm a sucker for good romance.

    Oh and sex on a stick.. and his name is Brian.. yeah, this is the book for me. lol. Great review love. Sorry I haven't visited your blog much the last two weeks. I promise to litter it with pervy comments real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you really loved this one. It's always nice when a second book is better than the first. I might have to pick up this series. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Looks pretty steamy. Fanning myself just for the review. May be too much for me girl but I do love the sound of that "Sexy, misunderstood, really good guys who only seem bad are what do it for me."

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, *hotness alert* this one sounds pretty darn good. I love to read books like this every once in awhile, it really enhances relationships ;} Smokin review!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post