Friday, August 31, 2012

SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS, #14 - WRONG BED, RIGHT GUY by KATEE ROBERT


Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroos Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn Review, and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to challenge one other to add a little spice to our reading and to spread the word about sizzling hot reads.


**The books featured on SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **


Wrong Bed, Right GuySeries: Come Undone #1
Publisher: Brazen (Entangled Publishing imprint)
Publication Date: July 20, 2012
Format: ebook
Pages: 144 pages
Source: Received from publisher for review.
Seducing Mr. Wrong has never felt so right...

Prim and proper art gallery coordinator Elle Walser is no good at seducing men. Heck, she’s been throwing hints at her boss for months, but he’s completely clueless. Desperate to escape her mother’s matchmaking efforts, she comes up with a plan—buy some lingerie and climb into her boss’s bed. The plan goes brilliantly…until she accidentally seduces a sexy stranger instead.

Bad boy nightclub mogul Gabe Schultz just had the best almost-sex of his life. Too bad the smoking hot blonde thought he was his brother and bolted before he could finish what they started. Though her holier-than-thou attitude puts a serious damper on his mood, Gabe’s never been one to give up on something he wants. And he wants Elle. But does a man who lives on the dark side really have a chance with a proper lady?


Wrong Bed, Right Guy is a sexy story that offers as many laughs as it does steam.

In an effort to snag a man her mother would approve of, Elle plans to seduce her boss, Nathan. By sneaking into his bed and rocking his world. It doesn't matter that she doesn't feel that certain spark for Nathan, she's desperate and he's exactly the right type. But when she realizes that the man who just rocked her world is his bad boy brother Gabe, Elle is mortified. She wants to forget what happened and never see Gabe again. But Gabe has other plans. Once he's had a bit of Elle, he wants more, and will make sure she realizes they are right for one another.

So there was a lot that I liked about Wrong Bed, Right Guy. For starters, Gabe was dead sexy. Tall, blond, tattoos...that's my kryptonite, folks. Gabe is my favorite kind of bad boy, the kind who looks dangerous but isn't actually bad at all. He had a rough start in life but has made a good life for himself. He owns his own businesses, has money, and a great sense of humor. And yes, he's had more than his fair share of women, but what hot, successful man his age hasn't? Best of all, he calls Elle on her BS. <----Y'all know I'm not talking about a degree, right?

Another aspect to Wrong Bed, Right Guy that I enjoyed was how funny the story was. And it wasn't so much the scenario, even though that was humiliatingly awesome. We all know sneaking into bed with the wrong guy and practically humping him is no laughing matter unless it's somebody else. Am I right? What was so fun about the story was the dialogue. Gabe was constantly saying things to embarrass Elle, to pull her out of her shell. Elle was also funny at certain points, mostly when she was talking to herself. I also loved her best friend, Roxanne. In fact, I would love to see Roxanne get her own story. She made a lot of the scenes much more enjoyable with her funny comebacks and observations.

But...Elle. I just didn't love her for a lot of the story. I didn't dislike or hate her, but she was a bit hard to take at times. For starters, she was so judgmental. She was constantly noting how she would never get a tattoo, acted like she was too good for the places she was at, and in general acted like a snob. Now, this may not be a problem for a lot of readers, and I know that it ups the conflict between Gabe and Elle. But that part of her did bug me a little. I also had a hard time believing that someone so meek would actually climb into her boss' bed in the middle of the night to seduce him. Having said all of this, Elle does experience growth throughout the story and I ended up liking her quite a bit.

The steam factor was pretty good. There were moments that were hot, but nothing that would scare the faint of heart away. Gabe and Elle have great chemistry. But Gabe is so sexy that it would be impossible not to get hot and bothered by him.

Overall, I found Wrong Bed, Right Guy to be a light, quick read.  The alternating points of view were well done and I loved getting both characters takes on the situation. Gabe was freaking fantastic and I would love to read a book about Nathan. If you're looking for a sweet story of opposites attract, Wrong Bed, Right Guy is the book for you!


Favorite Quote:

  " 'So do you have any ink?'
    Just like that, her anger was back. Of course not. I'd never get a tattoo.'
    Interesting response considering how into ink she seemed to be. 'Never say never, babe.'
   'You don't know anything about me.'
   He watched her while he finished off his burger. 'Don't I? Because at this point, I know enough to make you scream the same way you did the other night.' While she sputtered, her hands fluttering, he slid out of the booth. 'Want to play some pool?' "  (ebook, 26%)


You can purchase Wrong Bed, Right Guy at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read! I like the quote you picked! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic. I have only read a few of Entangled's adult romance, but I have enjoyed them. This one has been on my list to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh sounds good :) I keep telling myself to read more adult books but just haven't. My list of potential books to read keeps growing though. Too bad you didn't really like Elle. Glad you liked it though :)

    Love the new look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really "do" Adult books, but I'm telling you, just about every Saturday you have me questioning why I don't. Haha!

    This sounds like cute book with a mellow-steamy side to it. I'm glad Elle did show some growth but for the most part she seems very stuck up and kind of annoying. Gabe of course sounds completely swoon-y!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous!!! I love Gabe already. It's hard with the heroine isn't as great. Great review. Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been hearing a lot of great things about this book. Awesome review. I will have to check this out. Gabe sounds like my kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Wrong Bed, Right Guy the other day. I liked it. Loved Gabe... for very much the same reasons as you. I also felt the same about Elle. I'd like to see Roxanne and Nathan get their own books. I think they'd be great in their own books.
    Oh and after reading everything you and Autumn have said... I just picked up Olivia Cunning's Backstage Pass. I loved Try Me, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh darn that it wasn't that steamy. I have no idea what is with me lately but I just feel like romance books are lacking enough steam lately. All of them promise a hot man who knows what to do in a bedroom but lately these men have been lacking to me. I need to find a man that will give my fav heros a run for their money!

    Thanks for the great review and I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I started a medical program that is eating up a ton of my free time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Best of all, he calls Elle on her BS. <----Y'all know I'm not talking about a degree, right?" LMAO
    I think I have this one to read too. I like opposites attract kind of stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really did enjoy this one too but Elle did bug me a little as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this story, Andrea! The push and pull between Elle and Gabe was fun. Loved the drug store scene, too funny. So glad to see you enjoyed it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been hearing a lot about this book, looks good. Gabe sounds like my kind of guy and I totally know what you mean about Elle...I doubt that someone like her would actually do that, but I could deal with that just to know more about Gabe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I was thrilled as soon as I opened up this page of your resource. What was the most important goal the moment when you took a decision to make your first portal?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post