Thursday, December 1, 2011

YA Contemporary Reading Challenge 2012




So, I'm signing up for my first reading challenge! I've decided to go for the YA Contemporary Challenge of 2012. I've been in a very "contemporary reading mood" and decided to go for it.

There are three levels to the challenge. I'm going for

Level 2: 10+ books
I usually blow through my reading goals, so I may up this at some point.
Here is my list of the books I've chosen for the challenge, so far.

1. The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)
2. Fracture (Megan Miranda)
3. My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)
4. Isla and the Happily Ever After (Stephanie Perkins)
5. The Story of Us (Deb Caletti)
6. Wanderlove (Kirsten Hubbard)
7. Keep Holding On (Susane Colasanti)
8. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (Jennifer E. Smith)
9.
10.

I'm not sure that I will be reading the books listed, but it's nice to have a starting point. I've left it wide open, to add as I choose. One of my favorite indie authors, Abbi Glines, writes contemporary YA, so I expect to add a few of her books to this list.

Are any of you signed up? Let's help each other along!

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I just got an ARC of FRACTURE a few days ago. I haven't had a chance to read it but I'm looking forward to it. I can send it to you when I'm done.

    Also, I'm dying to read ISLA! Can't freaking wait for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mindi Scott's next contemp YA is coming out sometime in 2012--Live Through This. I'll read whatever she writes, even though I hardly ever read contemp YA. But, I loved Freefall, so she's sort of on auto-buy for me.

    Is Fracture a comtemp YA? I totally thought it was fantasy. I almost requested it through NetGalley. That would have resulted in a swift rejection, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica~ I would love to read Fracture! And if there are any books of mine you'd like to read, let me know!

    Cathy~ I haven't heard of Mindi Scott. Maybe I need to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After and The Fault in Our Stars. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for signing up. You have some great books on your list. Happy reading and have fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I think i'm def going to sign up.. :) maybe for level 1. It's not much, but def a start into a genre I'm not as familiar with. :P

    Yay for Ilsa. You need to read Anna and the French Kiss! like now! We need to discuss how wonderful it was.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post