Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #30


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
       ·Open to a random page
      ·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
      ·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.


This week's Teaser is from
Sixteen-year-old Macy Queen is looking forward to a long, boring summer. Her boyfriend is going away. She's stuck with a dull-as-dishwater job at the library. And she'll spend all of her free time studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father's recent unexpected death. But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother's open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy joins the Wish team. She loves everything about the work and the people. But the best thing about Wish is Wes—artistic, insightful, and understanding Wes—who gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way, and really start living it.
~From GoodReads

My Teaser:

"This felt right. Not just leaving, but how I was doing it. Without regret, without second guessing. And
  with Wes right there, holding the door open for me, as I walked out into the light." pg 276


I have spent so many years reading soley paranormal books. I feel so silly that this is the first of Sarah Dessen's books I've read. It, for sure, will not be the last.

You can purchase The Truth About Forever at:
Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository  |  Amazon

10 comments:

  1. I'm curious about this author, too. This sounds like a good one!

    Here's
    MY TT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever read a book by Sarah Dessen either. I favor paranormals too. My teasers are from Ties to the Blood Moon by Robin F. Waldrop and Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her books either. I read mostly paranormal too. I find that I really do enjoy contemporaries I just don't read them often. Thanks for the great teasers. Here's my TT

    http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the SAME way! If it didn't have vamps, weres, or shifters, I didn't want it. Only recently have I expanded to Contemp and I LOVE it! So happy I did. I've found some great reads in this genre. I'm certainly gonna pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sarah Dessen's books. I haven't read this one yet, though. Great teaser!

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-2-eve.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read mostly paranormal books too! I have heard wonderful things about this author and I happen to have What Happened To Goodbye by her but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Great teasers! Glad to know another paranormal lover does enjoy her work. Makes me more inclined to give it a try.

    Visit My Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read mostly paranormal books, it feel good to read a contemporary every once and a while. This book sounds really good, and I love the teasers! you always pick the best books, thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished my first Sarah Dessen book yesterday and i loved it! I hope your enjoy this one. Here's my TT!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to jump on the Sarah Dessen Train...Another I want to try, Jennifer Echols.. I hear her stuff is awesome too. I think my next book buying binge has to be all contemps... come on santa you Mo Fo! bring on the gift cards! lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post