Monday, December 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.
This week's Teaser is from
Set in modern-day Washington, D.C., Requiem for the Devil depicts the end of the Devil's ten-billion-year career. For the first time in his existence, Lucifer falls in love, and this event threatens to transform his identity and perhaps even his destiny. Gianna O'Keefe is the woman who drags him out of his ancient despair and points him toward possible salvation. Yet Lucifer's path from evil is neither straight nor smooth.

Pursuing love means betraying his fellow fallen angels, the loyal friends who once followed him to damnation. Divine and infernal forces seem to conspire against his and Gianna's union. Lucifer's empire crumbles around him as he dares to defy the natural order and question his fate.
~From GoodReads

My Teaser ~

"There was no question as to what I would play. Bach's Violin Sonata in E Major was the most
  breathtaking solo piece I had ever encountered, and I knew that if I could pull it off, Gianna would
  never leave me. For a moment I pondered whether that was a good thing or not, then closed my eyes."
  ~pg 95-96


Paperback, 387 pages
Published April 15th 2001 by Warner Books
You can purchase Requiem for the Devil at:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is the first I've heard of this.

    My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lucifer falling in love. You have perked my interest.

    If interested,
    My Teaser Cowboy Casanova by Lorelei James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I've heard great things about Jeri Smith-Ready's books.

    My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another for the to-read pile, thanks for sharing. Fab choice of teaser!

    Here's my TT:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a very interesting book. I have hear great things about Jeri Smith-Ready! I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of her books. I have heard you rave on how amazing she is, so I plan to rectify that situation very soon. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a great teaser! And the book sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-3-carrier-of-mark.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the book's premise, and you chose a delightful teaser.
    Here's mine: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-dec-20_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally live under a rock. LOL How did I miss this? Sounds like an awesome read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post