Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

· Grab your current read
       · Open to a random page
      · Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
      · Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

This week's Teaser is from
Drink, Slay, LovePearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire... fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil... until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops.

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist), and they're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the King's feast -- as the entrees.

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends—especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache—to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?(From GoodReads)


My Teaser~

"Midkiss, she yanked his staff our of his hand, hooked her foot around his ankle, flipped him to the 
 ground, and pinned him down with his staff pressed against his throat. 'Surrender?' she said.
 'To you,' he said, 'I surrender my heart and soul.'
 She rolled her eyes. 'Very romantic, considering you have neither.' "

I am really enjoying Drink Slay Love. It's a funny, unique read.
Hardcover, 385 pages
Published September 13th 2011 by Margaret K. McElderry

Purchase Drink Slay Love at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm dying to read this one! It sounds so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent teaser! I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this, but that's a pretty compelling teaser! Here's MY TEASER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! See this one around a lot! Hope you like the rest!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny teaser. I have this in my TBR but have not had a chance to read it yet.
    My teaser this week is from EVERNEATH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, ouch! Haha, he's so much the romantic and she's totally the sarcastic, badass chick. I love them already. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that's a cute moment. I love this cover.

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a hilarious teaser! I have had this book for awhile, but I have not been able to get to it! I think I need to read it soon, it sounds awesome! You always pick the best books, thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I checked this book out from my library and I have to read it ASAP.

    Here are my teasers: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I used to see this one all over the place I sort of forgot about it but I really want to read it it sounds like a lot of fun!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! One of my teasers this week is from Drink Slay Love as well! :D

    My Teasers: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I honestly can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this book!! I've had it on hold at the library since the summer and it still hasn't come in yet LOL! There's nothing cooler than vampires and unicorns in one! ;)

    Awesome teaser, Andrea! It makes the wait for this one seem even longer! x)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kickass teaser! I really need to read this one.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this book and i'm really glad your enjoying it! Here's my teaser!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds like it could be a very fun interesting read! I've seen it around a couple times, but haven't really paid it much attention yet. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Now!!!

    "Midkiss, she yanked his staff..."

    Say no more! this sounds like my kinda book. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! I love that teaser so much! It is kind of sweet until the girl points out the obvious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post