Tuesday, July 9, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY ~ IF YOU LEAVE




Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's WoW selection is...


If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)Series: Beautifully Broken #1
Category/Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever Romance
Publication Date: 8/6/13
 

26-year old Gabriel Vincent is a badass hero. Or he used to be, anyway. As an ex-Army Ranger, Gabe never thought he needed anyone. But after one horrible night in Afghanistan scars him in a way that he can't get past, he needs someone who can help him heal...even if he doesn't realize it.

25-year old Madison Hill doesn't need anybody...or so she thinks. She grew up watching her parents' messed-up abusive relationship and she knows there's no way in hell that she's ever letting that happen to her.

They don't know it in the beginning, but Gabriel and Madison will soon develop a weakness: Each other.

But Gabriel's got a secret, a hidden monster that he's afraid Maddy could never overcome... And Maddy's got issues that she's afraid Gabe will never understand. They quickly realize that they need each other to be whole, but at the same time they know that they've got demons to fight.

And the problem with demons is that they never die quietly.

 



Why I'm Waiting ~ I am a big fan of Courtney's, and am so excited over the recognition she received with If You Stay. Madison was a very intriguing character in that book, and I can't wait for her story!
 
 
Pre-order If You Leave
 
 
What do you think of my pick? Let me know and I will come check out your WoW!

 
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. I haven't really read any of Cole's books but this looks promising! :) Awesome pick! :)

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    WWW Wednesdays
    Waiting on Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't there was going to be a companion novel to the 1st book, but I liked that one, so I'll be checking this one out. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of angst in this one. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any Courtney Cole before, but I like the synopsis so if it's as good as the first one you enjoyed..., :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about Courtney Cole and If You Stay. It's always great when an author continues in that world with some the same secondary characters now getting the spotlight.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes YES!! I'm excited for this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure this is something I'd pick up but I hope you enjoy If You Leave when you get the chance to read it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you'll enjoy this next book by Cole, then. I haven't had the chance to dig into any of hers yet, but I hope I will soon. Great pick! =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yepp... I love this pick. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one! So excited for Madisons story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sound and look of this one! Hope you enjoy it...and thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds hot! Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read anything from Courtney Cole, though I think I may have something of hers on the Kindle. I do love companion novels, though. :) Sounds like a good read...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes!! I can't wait for this one!! I really want Madison's story! I loved If You Stay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, you snot, now I have yet another book to add to my tbr that I need to find time to read. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to check this one out. It looks really good :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-to-all-the-boys-ive-loved-before/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that sounds intense. I haven't read anything from this author yet.

    Here's mine!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeep! I can't wait for this one either! I've heard Gabe is even more bad boy than Pax! Woooo! Great pick Andrea!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  17. I might read this one if it's different from If You Stay. I had so many problems with that one... I'm not a prude, but I don't understand how anyone can be attracted to a man who places so much importance on his wanker. Or why a woman would write a book that has 3 characters - Mila, Pax, and his wanker. I read that whole book thinking there was some dark connection between what happened to his mother and why he is obsessed with BJs... it turns out he's just an a-hole.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved If You Stay so I'm definitely eager to read this book.

    Thank-you kindly for stopping by my WoW Andrea :)

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved Madison and I can't wait for this one either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait for this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gah! Andrea, I really need to stay away from your blog...you keep ADDING books to my TBR! LOL ;) If You Leave sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great WOW pick! I love Courtney Cole! This one looks really hot!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read any of Courtney Cole's novels but if you like her I know I would, too, Andrea! I'll have to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post