Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: HIS RISK TO TAKE





 

  Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's WoW selection is...
 
His Risk to Take (Line of Duty #2)Series: Line of Duty #2
Category/Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: 5/13/13
The greater the risk, the hotter the reward…
Homicide cop Troy Bennett had a reputation on the Chicago PD for being fearless and in control—until the night his daredevil partner is killed during a raid. From that moment on, he swears he’ll never again be responsible for the loss of a loved one. To escape his demons, Troy transfers to the NYPD, bringing him up close and personal with Ruby Elliott, a beautiful, street-savvy pool hustler.
Reckless and stubbornly independent, Ruby embodies everything Troy’s avoiding, but when she walks into O’Hanlon’s Pub and blows his carefully laid plans to hell, Troy knows he has to have her—risks be damned. But there’s a connection between Ruby’s shadowed past and a case Troy’s working involving a notorious Brooklyn felon, throwing her safety into jeopardy. Confronted with his biggest fear, will Troy push Ruby away to keep her safe or fight to keep her in his arms where she belongs?
 
 
Why I'm Waiting ~ I bought the first book in the series, Protecting What's His, after some really great reviews. When I read my friend Amanda's (@LuvMyHootie) review for His Risk to Take, I automatically preordered. Her review was awesome and has me dying to read this!
 
 
Preorder His Risk to Take at Amazon

 
 
 
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... look at those perfect abs!! I'd pick up the book just for that reason!! Sounds like a good book too.

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smexy cover! I haven't heard of this series before now.

    A great WoW Andrea :-)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Entangled covers they definitely know how to catch someone's eye don't they? I've seen the first one but didn't know it was a series. I hope you enjoy it when you get it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot! If you enjoyed the first one then hopefully this one won't disappoint!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like cop stories. I've already got Protecting What's His on my list thanks to you, so if I like that, of course I'm gonna dive into the sequel. Meanwhile, I hope you're gonna enjoy. ;) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, tempting! Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book set in NYC -- whooo!!!!

    Come check out my WoW! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Entangled's Brazen line has so many awesome sounding books. I want all of them!! I still don't have Protecting What's His, but heard that it's a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes love the sound of this one. I really need to work more Entangled Brazen into my schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks hot! Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Recently I've been having great luck with this imprint and I think they're always sizzling hot if not anything else. Love the cover for this pretty:-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one. I like the cover, though i've seen it several times :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-46-beautiful-dark.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, sounds like your kind of read. :) You do like them hawt! Hopefully, it exceeds your expectations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is one steamy cover. I think it actually made me blush!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yaaay!!! I can't wait to see if you like it as much as I did! Thanks for the mention my love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, I so need this book. The hustler bad girl I one of my favorite storylines! I need to catch up on some of these awesome Brazen books. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pick. I could devour all those Brazen Novels.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post