Monday, May 27, 2013

TEASER TUESDAY ~ DARE YOU TO by KATIE McGARRY




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
Series: Pushing the Limits #2
Category/Genre: Mature Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date:5/28/13
Format: ARC
Pages: 462
Source: Received from publicist for review


Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....
 



My Teaser~

   Noah--his hair hiding his eyes, keeping the world from seeing his soul.
  Isaiah--a sleeve of beautiful tattoos that frightens the normal and entices the free.
  Me--the poet in my mind when I'm high.
  I came to this house for safety. They came because the foster care system ran out of homes. We stayed because we were stray pieces of other puzzles, tired of never fitting.  ~pg. 20


Fabulous writing, yeah? Dare You To releases today! You can see my review  here.


Pushing the Limits Series
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
(click on cover for GoodReads page)


Purchase Dare You To at:
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. It is fabulous writing! I adore how these three are a family and I hope at the end of the third book they're not grown completely apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book. Great teaser :-)

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book is quite famous in the blogosphere .. i will add this to my TBR...

    my teaser tuesday
    http://wp.me/p3v5T1-3y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sounds sad. Great teaser!
    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/05/3-tuesday-teasers-1-romance-and-2-non.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this does sound good...I can definitely relate, having worked with kids like these for many years.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. need to add this to my tbr list too.....so many good books out there!!

    Here is mine: http://debdebreviews.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/teaser-tuesday-may-28/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Teaser, Andrea! I need to read this one! Here's mine... http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh! I loved this book so much! It was so tough watching Beth let her old life go! Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this teaser, and this book so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like this book is going to haunt me this week until I pick it up and give it a go. It is literally on every other blog I have looked at in the last two days. Happy that everyone is loving it so much, and I hope I do too! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved that part too. I really need to try to get back to it. I just wasn't feeling it and I couldn't keep going when I was reading it a little while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been hearing about this book a lot lately. I'll have to check it out!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! :) I loved this one!


    Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this book. This was my pick for today today. You picked a great teaser. I cannot wait for Isaiah's story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWWWWW... BETH and the gang *breaks my heart*

    ReplyDelete
  16. So LOVE these books! Excellent teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser! So many quotable moments in this story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to read the other two. They are so wonderfully angsty!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday The Summer I Became a Nerd

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post