Friday, May 3, 2013

{SULTRY SPRING SATURDAYS} HEAVY ISSUES (BOWEN #2) by ELLE AYCART




"Spring is here, and pollen is in the air. While you're sneezing your way towards Summer, pop those Claritin and lose yourself in a Sultry Spring Read."

Sexy Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews
My Secret Romance
Globug and Hootie Need a Book


**The books featured on SULTRY SPRING SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **


Heavy Issues (Bowen, #2)Series: Bowen #2
Category/Genre: Adult Erotic Romance
Publisher: Loose Id
Publication Date: 5/29/12
Format: Kindle
Pages: 251
Source: Bought
Steering clear of relationships has never been difficult for demolitions expert Cole Bowen, but now, with his brother's engagement sending the female population into full-blown hysterics and the town of Alden's month-long festivities helping along, he finds himself in hell. When he discovers Alden's new resident and the object of all his wet dreams, Christine Sheridan, has sworn off relationships and is going to hire a gigolo to get professionally laid, he decides to kill two birds with one stone.

Christy is so not drinking again. Thanks to José Cuervo she has her friends signing her up for stud conventions and Cole frigging Bowen offering sex in exchange of fake dates, which is so out of the question it isn't even funny. She knows the domineering man will push her boundaries, and after battling all her life with self-esteem issues, she isn't ready for that. Too bad he won't take no for an answer.

Cole is determined to strip away all of her defenses but refuses to lower his ever-present walls, so when Christy realizes she wants more, she's left with only two options; walk away or crack his shield and risk her heart in the process.


I recently read and reviewed book one in the Bowen series, More Than Meets the Ink. As I read, I was consistently told that I would love book two even more, to which I replied, "Seriously?" And so now i have my answer, Seriously. Heavy Issues was ZOMG HOT, so my brain got a little short-circuited. And like my review for MTMtI, I'm going to make a list of the reasons why I loved Heavy Issues.
 
  • Christy. She is a regular chick, and i could relate to her a lot. She was my age, has had an unhealthy relationship with food, which we've both overcome (thank god), she has self-esteem issues with her body. But, she is also fun, loving, and passionate. And I loved that she didn't try to continually push Cole away. Christy is a woman who embraces her life, wants to live fully. I love that she pushed herself to take a chance, on herself and on Cole. And I loved that she always maintained her self-respect. She wanted Cole, wanted to completely be with him. But she could live without him if she had to.

  • Speaking of Cole....This man is one BAMF. Seriously, Elle Aycart writes the hottest men. I loved Cole's brother James in MTMtI, and couldn't believe my friends when they told me that I would love Cole even more. I was wrong. Cole is the man all the chicks in town (some of them include really vindictive, aggressive b!tches) , but Cole wants a real, natural woman. Cole hit all my triggers: gorgeous, dark blond hair, very alpha with a dirty mouth. Cole has issues, a doesn't let others in, which makes him a tough nut to crack. Good thing Christy is strong enough to take him on. Her self-esteem, food issues, and quirks are all enough to test Cole, a lot. But Cole accepts Christy for everything she is. Even better, Cole embraces it. All the sexual parts of Cole made me love him. But I have spent sixteen years with the sweetest, most loving man I know, and when Cole took the time to make Christy realize that she is beautiful and special, just the way my guy always has, that is when Cole won my heart.

  • Heavy Issues is funny! The funny is one of the reasons I really enjoyed MTMTI (senior citizens can be real c*ckblockers), so I was happy to see that it continues in Heavy Issues. It was hilarious that Cole continuously pissed off and freaked out by the women who chase him. And I loved him for it. 


  • Holy crap, this book was SEXY. Once again, i was told that this book was even hotter than MTMtI. Once again, I doubted. Oh boy, was I ever wrong to doubt. Aycart can write some of the hottest scenes I've ever read. That Cole surely knew how to Work. It. Out. In fact, I just looked over all the naughty bits that I highlighted while reading Heavy Issues, and I gotta say, I'm currently having major hot flashes and I can hear my heart beating in my ears. This is one of the hottest books I've ever read.

With the first two books in the Bowen Series, I've become a huge fan of Elle Aycart's. She is now an auto-buy author and I can't wait to see what she delivers next. 


Favorite Quote:
All my favorites were preeeetty explicit. So I found some tamer, yet still great, quotes.

  "Pretty sure of your...abilities, aren't you?"
  "Yes." No need to beat around the bush. In bed he knew what he was doing. He was good at fucking, always had been. The rest? Gibberish to him. "You can give me a test run if you want."  ~13%


  She opened her mouth, ready to tell him all the things that were wrong with her body, but he interrupted her. "Listen to me, babe. You're lush and curvy, true, but there's nothing wrong with that in my book. Your stretch marks are barely visible. Your belly is beautiful. Soft and silky as a woman's should be. Your thighs too. I love how they feel around my waist. Your breasts are full and plump, perfect for me to lick and nibble, as firm as they ought to be."  ~32%
 

  "My body is covered in marks, Cole."
  Big deal. "Mine too, sweetheart."
  She snorted. "Yours are war scars."
  "Yours too, Christy. I waged a war with other while you waged a war with yourself. It's the same. It's just life; there's nothing to be ashamed of. We both survived. This body tells it's own story, and it's an amazing story. You are amazing."  ~83%
 
The Bowen Series
More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1)Heavy Issues (Bowen, #2)Inked Ever After (Bowen, #2.5)
(click on covers for GoodReads page)
Purchase More Than Meets the Ink at:  
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble

Purchase Heavy Issues at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I knew it Andrea!! I knew you'd love Heavy Issues and fall for Cole just as hard as I did! And Christy was an absolute doll! I had no frustrations with her like I did with Tate in MTMTI. This book was freaking HOT!! I can't wait to pick up Inked Ever After now. Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice...thanks for bringing this one to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, ok Andrea I will grab book one you've convince me to be naughty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearing you and Autumn gush about this series is making me bump this up! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally loving that last quote! Love the name Cole too. Sounds so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are keeping me busy with all these books I want to read. I have finally started buying some erotica books. Then I remove them from the carousel on my Kindle so my husband won't see what I am reading - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a mini-O just thinking about Cole while reading your review. No lie.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post