Welcome to The Bookish Babe's stop on the Wrecked Blog Tour. The tour is hosted by InkSlinger PR Tours; you can find the tour schedule here. My stop includes a review, guest post and giveaway.
Series: Clayton Falls #3
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: 4/30/13
When your past catches up, it's time to stop running.
Jake Mathews messed up yet again— but this time his misstep lands him in the hospital. He wakes up to find the girl of his dreams and the memory of having his deepest secret revealed.
Emily Taylor needs a break. She's been working double shifts as a nurse just to pay the bills while trying to heal a broken heart. The last thing she needs is to fall for a patient.
Strapped with community service and the knowledge that he's disappointed everyone in his life, Jake is determined not to let Emily slip through his fingers. Emily wants Jake, but can she really open herself up to heartache again?
I've been wanting Jake Mathews' story since I read book one in the Clayton Falls series, Derailed. No matter what is going on or whose story is being told, Jake always seems to manage to steal the story with a smart alec response, and a smirk to go with it. So when it came time to read Jake's story, I was ready.
Like the first two books in the series, Wrecked is a sweet love story, low on angst. Sure, there are some dark and thoughtful moments, and there are some surprising revelations, but the author doesn't rely on high drama and angst to pull her readers in. All it takes in this case are endearing characters.
I really liked Jake's romantic interest Emily. She did not seem like the type of girl Jake would go for, which made her perfect for him. She was a sweet, thoughtful, hard-working girl and I admired her strength and determination. She didn't set out to change Jake, but he becomes a better man because of her love, and that makes for a truly sweet love story.
Wrecked makes a nice addition to the Clayton Falls series. I wanted Jake's story, and I wanted him to have a happy ending. And once again, Alyssa Rose Ivy delivers.
"Emily? Why does that name sound familiar?"
I grabbed a towel and wiped off my hands. "It was the name of one of the nurses at the hospital."
He grinned. "You're doing your nurse?"
"She's not my nurse anymore."
"Only you, man. Only you could get a girl when you were barely conscious." ~eARC, 30%
Purchase Wrecked at:
I love to find out little tidbits about my favorite characters. So when I had the opportunity, I asked Alyssa Rose Ivy for
Ten Things You Don't Know About Jake
1) My favorite color is green. Conveniently, that happens to be the color of Emily’s eyes.
2) I’m a nerd for Man v. Wild. I love that show, and I’ve been known to sit and watch hours of it.
3) My dream car: Anything that doesn’t break down. I’m not the kind of guy who needs flashy.
4) I only own one pair of shoes that aren’t sandals—and that’s a pair of sneakers. If an event requires something nicer, chances are I don’t want to be there
5) I had a childhood dream of playing football with the 49ers. I made it as far as a little college football. I can honestly say I’m glad that dream didn’t play out.
6) My favorite restaurant in Clayton Falls is Surf Song. I love the seafood, the view, and the fact that the staff loves me and gives me free stuff. Emily is the first girl I took there.
7) My favorite movie is The Big Lebowski. It’s funny no matter how many times I see it.
8) The only instrument I can play is the ukulele (and only a few chords). It’s nice for camping trips, but the musician of the family is definitely Ben.
9) I’d love to live in a hut over the water. Somehow I doubt I’m going to talk Emily into that one though.
10) Apparently I have a thing for nurses.
(Yup. I now find Jake even more awesome than before!)
About the author:
Connect with Alyssa at:
Website | GoodReads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Amazon