Friday, February 1, 2013

{WICKED WINTER SATURDAYS} REDHEAD SERIES by ALICE CLAYTON





Baby, it's cold outside! Time to snuggle up with a mug of hot chocolate (or a glass of wine!) and fall into a steamy, sexy book.
Wicked Winter Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews
Taryn @ My Secret Romance

**The books featured on FRISKY FALL SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **

The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1)Series: Redhead #1
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Publication Date: 2/16/10
Format: Kindle
Pages: 276
Source: Bought

When Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream. With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time? Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry's newest 'it' boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life? Alice Clayton spins a playful and erotic May to December romance in this, her debut novel. Clayton's funny, borderline neurotic heroine is perfect in her imperfections, and the off the charts sexual chemistry between her and her charming, yet blissfully unaware leading man are the true heart of The Unidentified Redhead. With laugh out loud dialogue and a super steamy romance that will get your heart racing, sneaking around in L.A. and dodging the Paparazzi has never been so fun.

The Redhead Revealed (Redhead, #2)Series: Redhead #2
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Publication Date: 9/28/10
Format: Kindle
Pages: 228
Source: Bought





As their careers catch fire, Grace and Jack -- everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed, funny, and feisty couple -- find themselves on opposite coasts. Grace has landed in New York City, where she loves being onstage again, particularly because she’s playing a fabulous character in a musical written by her old college flame, Michael. Their rekindled friendship makes exploring the city that much more fun.

Wait, it’s just friendship, right?

Meanwhile, in L.A., Jack can scarcely keep up with the swirling throngs of women who track him everywhere he goes, the endless press appearances, and the ridiculous rules his manager, Holly, keeps concocting for him -- all part of the buildup to the release of Time, his steamy new film.

Thank goodness for phone sex.

But even when their schedules allow them to connect, Grace and Jack must keep their relationship off the radar and away from paparazzi cameras. Sure, the sex is sensational, but can this duo survive swirling rumors, the demands of their chosen professions, Grace’s raging internal battles, and a whopping nine-year age difference?

Tick-tock, the clock is ticking. Isn’t it?

Alice Clayton brings the second installment of a tale told with her magical mix of humor and heat, so cuddle up under the sheets and flip on the Golden Girls. Grace and Jack are at it again.
I AM IN LOVE. SO IN LOVE. You see, if there's one thing that I love more than a steamy romantic story, it is a steamy romantic story that makes me laugh out loud. A book that makes me giggle, repeat the dialogue to my husband to prove to him how fantastic it truly is, a book that reminds me that the very best love story is one that is built around love and laughter.

I needed the Redhead Series, so badly. I had come off some truly wonderful books, but they were emotionally draining. I swear, if I read about one more traumatized young girl and the stoic, smart boy who loved her...I was going to stick my head in the oven. Or something. I needed romance. I needed love. I needed laughter. I needed a book that would carry me away. I did one better, finding two fantastic books that totally won my heart and mind.

Grace and Jack are perfect.  Jack is a twenty-four year old up and coming actor. The hottest guy in Hollywood, the world. Pretty young things are falling at Jack's feet, every guy's wet dream, yes? But when Jack meets Grace, a thirty-three year old aspiring actress, sparks fly, laughs ensue, and a Crazy Love is born.

You would think with the age difference, Grace would be the voice of reason amid the insanity that is their lives. That is so not the case. Jack, he has knowledge, insight...skills that belie his young age. He's the reason to Grace's crazy. The calm to her storm. The George to her Gracie.

I cannot even do justice to the Redhead Series, to how immensely happy both books made.me. I laughed. I swooned. I started swearing more around the house. The Unidentified Redhead and The Redhead Revealed are my new Happy Place. The books are perfect. I've ordered my print copies and anxiously await the moment that I can pet them, hold them, and squeeze them tightly to my bosom. (kidding! kind of...) I need more Jack and Grace in my life.  I will be first on line to nab book three.

Can't recommend The Unidentified Redhead and The Redhead Revealed highly enough. Alice Clayton is my new hero.

 
Favorite Quote:


"Two hours?" Jack interrupted, looking insulted. "A really good, thorough, dinner will take at least three to four hours, maybe even longer. It depends on how hungry you are, how satisfied you want to be. You might even want multiple courses. Courses, that is," he finished, surreptitiously snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me back against him. His eyes were on fire as he looked at me and I could no longer feel my legs. What was directly above my legs however, I could feel intensely.
~ The Unidentified Redhead

He had flashed me a triumphant grin--there was nothing like a proud, proud man. A man should feel pride in his work...and making me come was now his job. I had never been given it so good in my life. My throat was hoarse, my legs were on permanent shimmy-shake, and I could not wipe the grin from my tired face.
~The Unidentified Redhead


"Grace, I think I can honestly say, with no second thoughts, that there isn't another pair of boobies on the planet that I'd rather have in my hands than yours. Sleeping or otherwise," he stated, with a glance at my chest.
~The Unidentified Redhead


"Grace? I just want you to know, well, how glad I am that I met you. I can't imagine my life without your crazy, sexy, beautiful ass in it now," he whispered in my ear....  
~The Unidentified Redhead

  I heard nothing but his quiet laughter, and then his perfect voice whispered, "Aw, Gracie, I missed you too.
  And then I tasted nothing but his sweet lips, pressed firmly to mine, as I kissed him like it was my job.
~The Redhead Revealed


  I smiled as I watched him, his chest rising and falling with his breathing. He looked so sweet, so vulnerable. I sank down on the bed next to him, and he rolled over toward me in his slumber. His arms reached out and he mumbled, "Tits, please..."
  I sighed and slipped into his arms. Snuggled in, with his ever-present hands on my ever constant boobies, I let my Brit sleep. I loved him, you see...
~The Redhead Revealed


  "You know we are totally crazy, right?" he asked me, brushing my hair back so he could look at me.
  "Well, you don't call me Nuts Girl for nothing. You wanted a crazy girl, and you sure got one."
  "I sure did, and how lucky am I?" he said, still smiling.
  "No one will understand this. You know that, right?" I said, still trying to kiss him.
  "They don't have to. This is about you and me." He kissed me deeply, and I melted. I actually melted in his arms as I started to cry again.
~The Redhead Revealed


  We'd gone through hell and back, and he stuck with me. My life was a sum of all its parts. Everything I'd been through, everything I'd done had brought me to this place with Jack.
  We were solid. We were strong. And we were moving forward together.
~The Redhead Revealed




You can purchase The Unidentified Redhead at:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository

You can purchase The Redhead Revealed at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I can feel the love you have for these books through your reviews!! They sound awesome!! I love when a book gives you everything you are looking for. I love all the quotes!! I am interested in these now. Thanks for the awesome reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Wallbanger by Clayton so I know I'm going to LOVE these!! Now, I just need to find time to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard some seriously great things about this author. I love a good romance that can make me laugh. So glad you loved these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I was feeling that way -- I needed a book to make me smile -- just read Perfect Scoundrels and working on Indigo Spell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many amazing things about this series and I am looking forward to picking them up! I also love a good romance that can make me laugh. The added humour just completes the story, doesn't it?! I'm glad you enjoyed these books! :D

    Fantastic review and quotes! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review and I love the quotes. I am so into contemporary romance. Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG your review was just too funny. I feel like you do in this review. I feel like I could stick my head in an oven if I have to read about one more traumatized couple. I'm so tired of the dark past thing and the overemotions some books have lately. I can't even buy into the emotions anymore because they are overstated.

    I'm so happy this series worked for you and I shall have to add it to my ever-growing wishlist.

    Thanks for the awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I swear, if I read about one more traumatized young girl and the stoic, smart boy who loved her...I was going to stick my head in the oven." ---- bahahaha! yes!!! I've read a ton of these lately but I still can't seem to put them down.

    These books look adorable and those quotes are perfect. lol. Redheads rock.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post