Friday, February 22, 2013

{WICKED WINTER SATURDAY} THE MIGHTY STORM (THE STORM #1) by SAMANTHA TOWLE



 
Baby, it's cold outside! Time to snuggle up with a mug of hot chocolate (or a glass of wine!) and fall into a steamy, sexy book.

Wicked Winter Saturdays is a weekly post we started to challenge ourselves to read more steamy books and have a lot of fun. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post).

The Autumn Review
Sim-Sational Books
Hackaroo's Review
Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Reviews
Insightful Minds Reviews
Taryn @ My Secret Romance

**The books featured on FRISKY FALL SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **



The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)Series: The Storm #1
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: 8/24/12
Format: ebook
Pages: 442
Source: Bought


It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?


 
 
**This is a chat review with Autumn from Autumn Review**
 
 
Why did you want to read TMS?
 
Autumn: I wanted to read TMS because I heard good things about it and I like Rock Star stories.

Plus, the cover is pretty hot.

Andrea: Same here. That cover is freaking hot, mouthwatering. Plus it had fantastic word-of-mouth going for it.


What was your favorite part of the story? Do you have a least favorite?

Andrea:  My favorite part of the story was Jake. He was up-front with his feelings, so sweet and gorgeous. I'm also a big sucker for friends-to-lovers stories, as you already know.

My least favorite part was that the book was too long. There were too many trivial details that drug it down. TMS could have easily been 100 pages shorter.

Autumn:  I agree. Jake made the whole book worth reading. It's hard for me to pin point a specific part in the book that was a favorte, but basically any scene with Jake.

My least favorite part was the length. I was ready for the book to end sooner than it did.

It started to feel like shit was just added in to make it longer.

Andrea:  For sure. And it's weird, because now that you've mentioned it, I don't have any scene that stands out to me either. I just remember wanting Tru to STFU.

Autumn:Urgh. Exactly. Whiny. Indecisive, insecure.

Andrea: So whiny. I mean, shit or get off the pot, woman. You love Jake. You don't love what's his name...just do something other than marvel at the luxury that Jake lives in.


Let's talk about characters. How did you feel about Tru? And Jake?

Autumn: Well, as you can tell, Tru drove me NUTS! She is the perfect example of what NOT to make your characters like. She was insecure, couldn't make a fucking decision to save her life, and she was a bit whiny to me.

Now Jake, I loved him. I think I would have preferred the whole book from his POV.Jake is hot, sexy, troubled, and he's a rock star. That's all I needed to know.Oh and he has a big dong.

Andrea: lol A very big dong. A man-sized manicotti.
Okay, yeah. I think we've made our feelings about Tru clear. But for fuck's sake. Everything you say you want is handed to you on a silver gd platter, and you want to wring your hands about it??
As for Jake. I actually feel sorry for him, because it's obvious he loves Tru, but I can't figure out why! Maybe he loves a challenge, I dunno. I'll tell you what I do know, Jake was damn sexy.

Autumn: He sure was. Maybe Tru is good in bed? Plus, I think he grabbed on to her because she represented the only good thing from his childhood. Not saying he didn't love her, because he obviously does, but....

Andrea: Yep. I think you just nailed it. It's the childhood connection. They were best friends. You know, maybe we're being harsh, but honestly, she was annoying and I'm sure he loves her, but... just, whatever.

Autumn:  I know. You know I don't like to be mean and I did enjoy the book overall, but she just bugged me.

What did you think about the sex?

Autumn: The S.E.X was pretty spectacular. I mean, I picture a python sized Jake in my mind. Scary to some, but I'd gladly take that on.

Andrea: Jake was hung, for sure. You know, it was really good. I don't remember feeling super turned on, but I liked it. You know what would be awesome? A book about a rockstar with an average sized peen.

Autumn: YES! LOL I was thinking about that the other day. Why aren't any of these guys average sized? Average sized peens are enjoyable too. Are we getting side tracked? When we start on penis talk, we get lost.

Andrea: Yes. I was thinking about this, and the only rockstar book I remember that had a guy with an average peen circumfrence-wise was Trey Mills. And yet, his is unusually long. I once had a friend who said her bf's peen was like Squidward's nose, long and droopy.

Autumn: Hmmm....interesting. And yes, Trey may not have girth, but apparently long.


Book two, Wethering the Storm is in Jake's point of view. Will you read it?

Andrea: I would love to read a book from Jake's pov, but at this point I will say no. And that hurts. But, based on book one, which was waayyy too long and drawn out just for the sake of length, no. I will reconsider if someone who felt the same way about TMS tells me that it's better.

Autumn:  I'm with you. There is a small bit that appeals to me. It's probably just because I wouldn't mind getting into Jake's head more in certain scenes, but I probably won't. Not anytime soon anyway.

I'm still up in the air on how I even want to rate this one.

Andrea: I'm waffling between a 2 and 3. The writing was just, it wasn't for me. There were words used out of context, the drama was too much.
I know I sound like a bitch. I had big expectations for this book. It has an insane amount of 5-stars, and I just don't get it.

I'll give it a 2.

Autumn: I'm leaning towards 3 ONLY because I liked Jake.

Andrea: If there's any reason to bump up the rating, it would be him.
 

Sum up The Mighty Storm in 5-10 words.

Autumn: Ok, frustrating. Long. Sad. tiring. Jake.

Andrea: Good answer.

Long. Angst. Frustrating. Sexy Jake. Too damn long.

Autumn: LOL Glad it's over. I hate saying that about books and in a way, I'm glad we stuck it out, but I was happy to be done.

Andrea: Me too. I'm glad it was only $0.99, but upset that we spent 5-6 days on it.
 
 
Favorite Quote:
 
  Then as if reading my mind, he stops moving inside me.
  Holding my face with his hand, fingers buried deep in my hair, he stares down at me in the darkness.
  "It's always been you, Tru. Always."  ~37%
 
 
Purchase The Mighty Storm at:
 


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I just love your chat reviews! This sounds like another steamy read to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book because of Jake, too. I didn't enjoy Tru's moody and oll over the place behaviour. These two reminded me of Kellan and Kiera. I adore Kellan and loathe Kiera and this was exactly the case with these two as well. I'm still going to read the second book, I mean.. come on! Jake? Yeah, I'm willing to put up with Tru as long as Jake tells the story. I'm going to tell you then how I feel about it and then you can decide for yourselves if you want to read it or not. I really liked this interview type of a review. Thanks, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome chat review!! OMG I died over your peen talk!! So true though. It seems that all the guys always have super large ones. Tru sounds annoying as hell, but it does sound like a pretty good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when y'all do chat reviews! It's so much fun to feel like I'm sitting and chatting about a book with you! :) I completely agree with liking TMS because of Jake...he is...mmmm! I will probably read WTS just for Jake but it's not a pre-order. Thanks for the review and enjoy your Saturday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reviewing with you. <3 It makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these chat reviews! They are so funny but tell me everything I want to know about the book at the same time. Awesome review ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your chat review! The cover of this is smexy but some of the aspects you mentioned would drive me batty - whiny character & the books length especially.

    Thanks for sharing ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this chat review, so much fun! And that cover is distractingly gorgeous. Sounds like I need to meet this Jake! Fab review ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you guys decided to do another chat review, <3 it!
    I'm kind of disappointed in this book, now that I've read your review. I mean I do want to read it, if for no other reason then to introduce myself to Jake and his peen ;). It's waaay to bad that it was too long(the book, I mean--not the peen :p head out of gutter, please lol) Anywhoo, I may read this but it will have to wait awhile. Right now I'm super busy and I'm currently sucked into Consequences by Aleatha Roming--->super mind fuck, btw. Sorry, I missed posting a review for WWS but I'm having a slump w/writing reviews right now, hopefully will be able to get back to it, soon! Thanks for the review girls, can't wait for more from you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so fun! Love the name Jake, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great chat ladies and I love the sound of Jake, but think i will pass since I do not like the sound of his lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Jake and Trudy's love story. They are so sweet and loving but unfortunately there are always threats that lead to hard break. I really couldn't put the book down! I did love it!!!

    Charmaine Smith (Hummer Parts)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post