Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Review: How to Handle a Heartbreaker by Marie Harte

 
How to Handle a Heartbreaker (The McCauley Brothers, #2)
Series: The McCauley Brothers #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casa
Publication Date: 8/5/14
Format: ARC
Pages: 384
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4.5 stars


GoodReads   |  Amazon  |  B&N


It’s lust-at-first-sight when Brody Singer first sees Abby Dunn. Abby looks a lot like a woman he once knew, one who died years ago. But Abby’s definitely different—shyer but sexier.


Abby’s still trying to put her last disastrous relationship behind her and overcome the flaws her ex wouldn’t let her forget. But somehow Brody isn’t getting the hint. It doesn’t help that when writing her steamy novels, she keeps casting Brody as the hero.

Only Abby can write her own ending—will she choose her own happily-ever-after, or stay safe in her shell?

My Review
 Oh boy, I loved How to Handle a Heartbreaker, for all the reasons I loved the first book in the series, The Troublemaker Next Door. I had such high expectations for this one because of the main characters, Brody and Abby. Abby is quiet and insecure, but not the annoying kind. She's also an erotic romance writer who hasn't outed herself to the world. She listens, okay, and spies, on the McCauley men to help give her work a man's touch. But she needs more...research. Good thing Brody Singer is man enough for the job, yeah?


Brody isn't a McCauley by blood, but he is by choice. He had a really rough upbringing, and this awesome, loving family took him in and made him a part of the family. He's best friends with Flynn, an uncle to Mike's son Colin, and never ceases to bust Cam's balls. It's great. They're blue collar dudes, with the exception of Cam, and I loved that.  The banter among these guys as much was so much fun and I enjoyed it as much as the romance, which is an exception.


Back to Brody and Abby. Brody has a major, major thing for Abby, but never knew how to get her attention and really get in there. It's kind of awkward because Abby looks very much like Mike's deceased wife, but he's cool with Brody and Abby. Abby had a boyfriend who put her down for her curvy figure and her sexual desires. Brody is all about those curves, though, and he's more than willing to help Abby explore. I just, I loved these two together as much as I'd hoped.


There is so much about How to Handle a Heartbreaker and the series that has me happy to recommend. I love the characters, the couples, the banter, the steam, and I love little Colin. That kid is seriously badass and reminds me of my (awesome) six-year old daughter. I can't wait to get Cam and Vanessa's books, because those two are a match made in...somewhere. I can't even imagine how hot they'll be once the unbutton those proper clothes and let go! Also, we get to meet the wicked cool woman whom I am presuming will win poor Mike's heart. She's just as much of a badass as he is and that will be fantastic, I'm sure.


If you're looking for a sexy, funny series with a plethora of great characters, I highly recommend The McCauley Brothers series.

 

Favorite Quotes
 
 
  Brody grinned and glance up only to see Mike glaring at him. "What did I do?"
  "You taught my kid to lie."
  "Please. He's been lying since he left the womb. He's a McCauley."
  Flynn covered his heart with one hand. "I'm so proud."


  "So you're Abigail D. Chatterly?" Teresa asked.
  "Yeah. So?" Though Teresa had been on her side earlier, she might have done it to snub Meg. Abby was ready for round two.
  "So Fireman's Kiss is like my favorite book!" Teresa shouted and jumped up from her seat to hug Abby. "Oh my God. My friends are not going to believe this."
  Abby blinked.
  "I know. Shocking that she actually has friends," Jack teased. "Oh, and I have to thank you as well. Because after Teresa reads one of your books, we usually end up having a really, really good night."
  "God. TMI, Jack."


The McCauley Brothers
 
The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1)  How to Handle a Heartbreaker (The McCauley Brothers, #2)  Ruining Mr. Perfect (The McCauley Brothers, #3)  What to Do with a Bad Boy (The McCauley Brothers, #4)
(covers lead to GoodReads page)
 
 
 
About Marie Harte
 
Marie Harte is an avid reader who loves all things paranormal and futuristic. Reading romances since she was twelve, she fell in love with romance and happy endings and knew writing was her calling. Years later after the Marine Corps, Information Technology, and 60 hour work weeks, her dream has finally come true.

Marie lives in Oregon with her family and is constantly reading and writing.
 
 



 photo AndreaSig_zps3f75055b.jpg

14 comments:

  1. "Good thing Brody Singer is man enough for the job, yeah?" Good thing indeed ;) Yayyyy for a food bromance banter :) I'm glad you enjoyed their chemisrry so much. And whoop for a guy who makes her woman feel confident no matter what size clothes they wear. I'm glad you enjoyed, Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Match made in somewhere... I hope its a good place! Another feel good series, this I can handle. Can this be read as stand alone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this whole series sounds adorable! I love when there's a strong family element and people who really love each other (outside of the MCs, I mean). Plus, adorable covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, I just went on to B&N and bought the first two books in this series after reading your review. I think I'm actually going to enjoy this one more than the first book.
    If there's anything that I love in books is banter between brothers and friends and it looks like the family aspect is strong in this one.
    I also love the sound of the main character and Brody. How awesome is he to embrace Abby's curves? I need to meet him and the rest of these brothers!
    Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I not reading this series? Mmmmm I love the idea of Brody liking her curves and trying to get her to NOT remember what that other guy said. Sounds so good. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I didn't know about this series - but you make it sounds fantastic! Love your review. And I love the sound of this book. Just got it from Netgalley - can't wait to read it! Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love books that are sexy and funny! This whole series sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heart of this one but it sounds really interesting. Also she is an erotica writer, that sounds interesting. Great review, Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Andrea, How to Handle a Heartbreaker sounds like so much fun. The whole series does! The dynamics between the characters seems great. And those quotes sold me. I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for an excellent review, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute covers and it sounds like a fun series :-)

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah those covers are so good! I'm seriously loving the set up for this one. I need to get that first read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wasn't this fun and a tad yummy? I am so enjoying this series and author Andrea. So glad to see you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Abby is quiet and insecure, but not the annoying kind."

    Exactly! I was worried she would annoy me, but nope, she was actually really fun. As soon as the 'incident' at the Halloween party happened, I knew I'd like her. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post