Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Weekly Rewind, #103




THE WEEKLY REWIND is a weekly post in which I recap the bookish awesomeness from the past week, and post a book haul.

 

 
Book Haul
(click on covers to visit GoodReads page)
 

For Review:

Ugly Love  Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)  Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8)  For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)Riding the Wave (Pacific Blue, #1)  The Red Bikini  Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)  Ready to Wed Saint Kate of the Cupcake: The Dangers of Lust and Baking

 Purchases:

 After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)  How to Misbehave (Camelot, #1)  Making It Last (Camelot, #4)  Dangerous Embrace (Embrace, #1)  Precious Embrace (Embrace, #2)  Sweet Little Thing (Sweet Thing, #1.5)


Freebies:

To Have (The Dumont Diaries, #1)   Till Death (The Dumont Diaries, #3)  Songbird (Songbird, #1)  Love Notes (Love Notes, #1) Worth the Risk (Take a Risk, #1)  Give Me Something


The Rundown

Lots of books this week! I know it looks like I have a lot of review books, but I already had Straddling the Line, Then Came You, The Red Bikini, The Longest Time, and Riding the Wave. And I'm excited for all of those beachy-type reads! I think Ugly Love speaks for itself. I was shocked when I saw it in my mailbox. Come to Me Softly is not a book I'd planned to read, but a lot of great, thoughtful reviews have me interested. I love Cindi Madsen's books, so Ready to Wed is a must-read. Saint Kate of the Cupcake looks good, too! Couldn't resist.

As for purchases, I got each of these for $0.99, so I don't feel too guilty. When I bought Dangerous Embrace, the audio option showed up for $2.99, which is super cheap for an audio book. Also, thanks to Bookworm Brandee for such convincing reviews of the Embrace series.

Lots of good freebies this week, too! Despite my conflicting feelings about the Innocence series, Autumn Review convinced me to try The Dumont Diaries. Jessica (who reviews here) loves Heather Gunter books, which is why I picked up Love Notes. I've read Give Me Something (as an ARC) and it is fabulous. I highly encourage you to pick up this freebie!



Thanks to
  • Atria Books
  • Penguin Group (NAL, Berkley)
  • Entangled Select
  • Omnific Publishing



 photo AndreaSig_zps3f75055b.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Come to me softly sounds good, hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Andrea! So many books this week! Yay for Ugly Love! I'm really excited for that one! I've been hearing great things about A.L's books too so I can't wait to hear what you think of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugly Love! I still haven't read Maybe Someday or This Girl, darn it. I'm behind with my Colleen Hoover books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Ugly Love!!!! And Sweet Little Thing is so so good! Will Ryan is such a sweetie. And I've wanted to try the Dumont Diaries too! I'll have to grab them while they are free. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see our Penguin packages were very similar! I'm super jelly about Ugly Love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how I feel about Ugly Love - I hope you love it!! Can't wait to hear what you think. Some really great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice week of books! Hope you enjoy them all. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU GOT UGLY LOVE? Yes, I'm shouting. I'm excited for you, you lucky beotch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy you're going to give the Embrace series a shot, Andrea. :) I hope you love it too! I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on them...and all the other books you hauled in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of awesome books this week Andrea. and at your suggestion, I went and picked give me something! It looks great, I can't believe that one slipped through my freebie radar! haha

    Happy Reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, you can tell I'm playing catch-up on my comments. I'm working full-time now and my dad had open-heart surgery so I haven't had near the time to visit my favorite blogs as I usually do. Great book haul again.!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post