Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Courtney Reviews: Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare #2) by Tessa Bailey

Baiting The Maid Of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)
Series: Wedding Dare #2
Genre: Contemp Romance
Publisher: Entangled Brazen
Publication Date: 6/9/14
Format: eARC
Pages: 192
Source: Publisher
Rating: 5 stars
 
 
He’ll own her from the very first touch.

Julie Piper and Reed Lawson have nothing in common. She’s a people-pleasing sorority girl hiding behind her perfect mask. He’s a take-no-prisoners SWAT commander who isolates himself from the world. But when they’re forced together at their friends’ posh destination wedding, one thing is clear—Reed wants Julie more than he wants his next breath. Which is why he’s not about to stand by when she’s dared to seduce another man.
Julie wants neat, tidy sex, so she could get back to what she does best—making everybody else happy. She never expected to slip into a dark bedroom and have her mind blown by rough, demanding hands, and a sinfully filthy mouth—neither of which belong to the best man.

One night should have been all Reed needed to get the blond temptress out of his system, but when one taste is nowhere near enough, he’ll be forced confront the effects of his hellish past. One that may push Julie away forever...just when he realizes he can't live without her.

Courtney's Review
 
I, and hopefully some of you, are not new to the Brazen line by Entangled Publishing and know that you can expect a certain level of steam in each title, but usually also a cast of characters that make you fall in love with the story and it goes by incredibly fast. Tessa Bailey has hit me with the good stuff before, and I can say that Baiting the Maid of Honor did not disappoint in the least! 
 
Julie and Reed are part of this wedding party among best friends from college, which for this Wedding Dare series is a pretty cool idea. These authors each took a couple out of the same bridal party, and each gave them their own brand of romance writing. Did I tell you already that Tessa can seriously write a dirty talking alpha male that will make you swoon? I didn't....well, let me tell you...Tessa Bailey can be crowned a Queen of a dirty talking alpha male. I will take one Reed Lawson and a side of Colton please? 
 
So, I apologize by all of the name dropping, but each person is introduced in this installment (which is technically numero dos) and we're gearing up for the big wedding. Julie is the friend who is the planner. She takes charge, and makes sure that everyone else is okay, but you're left wondering if anyone really takes care of her...
 
Reed Lawson is a fecking SWAT team captain in Atlanta, and has his own demons that he fights daily. He is my 18th (Hey, I won my reading challenge!) Man-in-Uniform of the year, and is ranking high is taking care of his girl...Don't be fooled though that there isn't some drama, misunderstandings, anger, being pissed off, wanting to throw your kindle for a certain two people to get their heads out of their you know where's...or a really well written title that I must recommend to you. I'll let you get to it, while I go find out what Samanthe Beck has in store for me with Best Man with Benefits!
 
 
 
The Wedding Dare Continuity

Dare to Resist (Wedding Dare, #0.5)  Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare, #1)  Baiting The Maid Of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)  Seducing The Bridesmaid (Wedding Dare, #3)   Best Man With Benefits (Wedding Dare, #4)
 
 


About Tessa Bailey
 
Tessa BaileyI'm Tessa and I live in the crazy, loud, overcrowded borough of Brooklyn, New York. I love it here. This city is a constant source of inspiration, which is why I've decided to set my most recent books in the Line of Duty Series here. 

 I moved to New York when I was eighteen, the day after I graduated high school. Threw my suitcase in the back of a Chevrolet Cavalier and drove across the country to find my adventure. I'm still finding it, little by little.
 
 
Thank you for being a part of it. 
 




16 comments:

  1. This sounds splendid, and I actually have book one on my kindle app! Go me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE her books. She's one of my favorites. I've not picked up this series yet but love that it's with different authors--most of whom I've read and really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I need to meet this Reed guy soon, he sounds smoking hot! I had actually seen this Brazen Line around quite a bit, but didn't realise that they produced such hot books, I will definitely have to check out the books they have to offer! Lovely review Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this series but didn't get the chance to read it yet. Your review sounds great and so does the book, I'll have to give it a go at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely enjoyed the first in this series, the one by Laura Kaye. Brazen's a great line! Fast and fun with great characters and plenty of steam. Sounds like this one fits that line perfectly! (What is it about a man in uniform? *fans self*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is really loving this series and I am really excited to make time for them. They sound so good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read two in this series and this is the one I still need to read! Love Reed already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge fan of Tessa's and can't wait to meet her at Book Bash! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading this one, Courtney! It was so much fun and Reed was so sexy! ;)
    I've read all of the books and book 1 was my favorite and book 2 and 4 are on equal levels. I see you're reading Samanthe Beck's book, I really hope you love it. :D
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought the first book in this series last week and I'm excited to get started on it, sexy times here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have no idea how much I want to attend a wedding like this! All that I've been to are boring

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you really liked this, and that the characters stand out despite it being a steamy romance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this series! I am such a huge Tessa fan so naturally I had to read it! Reed is super sexy and I do love how Tessa creates such swoonworthy alpha males! I also really liked Julie too. I also really liked how each book can be read as a stand-alone. But after reading them all, why would anyone want to? :) Great review Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this one too! I agree, Tessa Bailey knows how to write a dirty talking' alpha male! I bought the rest of this series, and am looking forward to continuing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review, Courtney! I'm going to have to check out this series. I love me some dirty talkin' alphas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to get time for this. Great review Courtney!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post