Wednesday, June 18, 2014

REVIEW: ONE NIGHT WITH A QUARTERBACK by JEANETTE MURRAY

One Night with a Quarterback (The Santa Fe Bobcats #1)
Series: The Santa Fe Bobcats #1
Genre: Contemporary/Sports Romance
Publisher: Intermix
Publication Date: 6/17/14
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4 stars


GoodReads  |  Amazon  |  B&N iBooks


She’s daddy’s little girl…or she would have been, had he known she existed. Cassie Wainwright thought her father—head coach of the Santa Fe Bobcats—ignored her purposefully. Come to find out, he had no clue she’d ever been born.

Now Cassie is determined to meet the man who’s always been missing from her life. Her mother warns her, being the long-lost daughter of a well-known NFL coach won’t be easy, but Cassie’s determined to stick it out. And before her life turns upside down, she wants one more night of fun.

Starting quarterback for the Santa Fe Bobcats, Trey Owens is tired of being in the limelight. Lucky for him, the beautiful brunette he meets at the club isn’t a local. She has no idea who he is…and she’s down to party.

Tomorrow, Cassie will think about her father. Tomorrow, she’ll think about her future. But tonight is for herself and the hottie she found on dance floor. It’s a matchup made in heaven—if only for a night…


 
My Review
 
Ohhhh, One Night with a Quarterback was FUN. I mean, look at that cover. I was a done deal when I spied that lovely man candy. I also happen to adore a good sports romance. It also helped that I was in the middle of another very intense, darkish read, and the fact this was sexy and fun was exactly what I needed.


Trey Owens wants to lay low. As an NFL quarterback, he's used to being analyzed and criticized on the field. But when it comes to his personal life? He's over it. Over the speculation and invasion of his personal space and private time. Over the women who want the sports star and not just the man. In disguise, Trey meets Cassie Wainright, who honestly wouldn't know who he was anyway.

Cassie's new in town, and readying for an enormous change. After nearly thirty years, she's meeting her father, NFL coach Ken Jordan. And yep, he's Trey's coach. Awwwkward. Partially because she's scared and frustrated, and partially under orders from her dad and step-mother, Cassie's playing it quiet too. The two hook up without realizing the connection. Theirs is a quiet, sweet and romantic relationship. And while they both want to play it safe, and make no promises, they fall fast and hard.

 Now, you know this relationship will not be smooth. Cassie's new family is strict and extremely conscious of public perception. Her father, oh wow, he was incredibly frustrating and fairly insensitive. The step-mother was awful to Cassie, who handled things much better than I ever could. They were so paranoid about her making them look bad and influencing their teen daughters. The rules they gave this woman were staggering, one of which was no men. So not only is Cassie not supposed to be involved, but being involved with the quarterback spells all kinds of trouble!

 I really never doubted this relationship. Cassie and Trey were so perfectly suited for each other. She's a computer geek who wears great t-shirts and dances horrible; fun and completely unimpressed by the perks of his job. Trey is loving, steady and attentive, a good friend to Cassie as well as lover. Given her tumultuous family situation, his steadiness was welcome and soothing.

 So yeah, One Night with a Quarterback was such a good read. It kept me thoroughly engaged, entertained, and I believed in Trey and Cassie. I definitely recommend this to sports romance fans, and well, to any romance fan. My copy included an excerpt from book two Loving Him Off the Field(about Killian, the team kicker). I'm so ready for more!
 
 
Favorite Quotes
 
 
  Where, oh where was this man when she'd been looking for a relationship in Atlanta?
  Right. In New Mexico. Figured.
  Fuck geography.
 
 
  "Sorry. I was going to tell you, eventually. Soon," he added when her hands slowed down on the buttons. Please don't stop undressing."
  "And Stephen with his securities nonsense."
  "Defense. Keeps my ass safe. Not altogether wrong."
  She huffed out a breath. "You and I are going to have a serious Come to Jesus about this."
  So she could bitch and strip at the same time. A multi-tasker. So hot.
 
 
 
 

About Jeanette Murray
 
 Jeanette spends her days surrounded by hunky alpha men…at least in her imagination. In real life, she’s a wife and a mother, keeping tabs on her husband of seven years, her four year old daughter (often called Tot) and the family dog, a lovable (but completely stupid) Goldendoodle named Clyde. Hang around long enough and you’re guaranteed to hear at least one or two stories about these three. She and her family currently live just outside of St. Louis.

What’s with the two names? Great question. Jeanette writes for a few different publishers. And due to the timing of some releases, two names just seemed like the right option. But Jeanette can assure you, no matter which pen name you’re reading, you’re going to get sexy contemporary love..
If you want to stay in the know on when Jeanette’s books are coming out, sign up for her newsletter below! She will keep you up to date when new releases are coming out so you’re never caught unaware!

 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Would you look at that cover haha *drools* Yeah, I can imagine how Trey would want some privacy. I'm glad that they suit eah other so well. Casey's geeky side sounds adorable ;) So happy to hear that you liked this, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! I loved this one too! I am seriously excited about book 2. Can't wait! I skipped the previous. Just couldn't torture myself like that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great read, Andrea. I like a sports romance, too, and I especially like when one of the MCs has no idea about the other and sports. :) Cassie's family seems like a joy...NOT! I'm interested to see under what circumstances Cassie is even meeting them after so long. Yep, you've got me really curious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that cover, either!! I'm so going to have to read this one -- I want to meet Cassie and Trey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one was fun. I loved it. My review is up today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw this I knew I needed to read it, I just didn't have the time to take it on for review, but I will definitely be buying this one! I love sports romances and this sounds like a great one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The family sounds like a piece of work, but the book sounds like a lot of fun. Trey and Cassie sound like they are adorable for each other.
    Great review, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like just the change of pace needed after a dark read. That cover! It's hard to resist, and hard not to drool! Wonderful review Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like books about sports players (especially hockey players!). I'm on a romance kick right now and this one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Anna's review on Herding Cats and she loved it too. I want to read it! Great review

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, sometimes it's so nice to find a fun book...especially if you're reading something a bit darker or more intense. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's in her 30s? Nice. And hell yeah, that is a yummy cover. I love fun reads, so I should definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh, Andrea...you shouldn't have, really... I've started reading Jaci Burton's novels a couple of months ago and now I watch sports with a new sparkle in my eyes! LOL Seriously, thanks for the tip, I think it's safe to say I'll check this one out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh this does sound fun and sexy. I'm loving the title too. Thanks for the review and for bringing this one to my attention. Definitely gonna check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review. I really enjoyed this one also.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post