Tuesday, October 29, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: THE CHRISTMAS HE LOVED HER







Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week's WoW selection is...
 
 
 

The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2) 
Series: Bad Boys of Crystal Lake #2
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication Date: 10/1/13
 

All he wants this Christmas is her.

In the small town of Crystal Lake, Christmas is a time for sledding, hot chocolate, and cozying up to the fire with those you love. For Jake Edwards, it’s also time to come home and face his past. He thought there would never be anything harder than losing his brother. Turns out there is: falling in love with his brother’s widow, Raine.

Ever since they were little, Jesse was the Edwards brother who was always there for her, and Jake was the one who knew just how to push her buttons. Raine can’t imagine a life without them, which is why it was doubly decimating when Jake left town after his brother’s sudden death. Now he’s back and she doesn’t know whether to be mad or thrilled. Maybe both. Maybe it will be the perfect chance for both of them to finally find happiness again.

 
 
Why I'm Waiting ~ I've actually had a copy of this one for a while, but was waiting a little closer to the holidays to read it. Based on what was happening in the first book, this one is going to be outstanding.


Update: I actually got a chance to read this earlier than I anticipated. Absolutely gorgeous, heart-breaking, and romantic. I loooooved it!


What do you think of my pick? Be sure to let me know and I'll come check out your WoW.


Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this one. I think I have seen the first book in this series on your blog. Anyhow it sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, Andrea. I'll have to add it to my list.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds really good! I will have to look into this series! The whole falling in love with his brother's widow angle is really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good and the perfect kind of read for the holidays. I'm glad you loved it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a sweet read. Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot muscles and a Christmas theme - perfect! :) Glad to hear you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude I so love her and this series! I'm so looking forward to reading these two's story since book 1, brothers Jesse and Jake sound like fate messed them up real good. So happy you enjoyed it, I have yet to read this but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series yet but I do love me some holiday themed books. I also can't stop looking at that dudes smooth muscle-y arms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a copy of this one too :D waiting a little as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YAY! You loved it?! That's awesome:) I love the sound of this pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good! :) And I've been looking for a good Christmas read.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting... I don't read too many Christmas-themed books, but I do enjoy a romance novel every now and then! Hope you love this one when you read it :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good! Loving the cover too :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, bring on the cocoa and the hot guy! :D I look forward to reading your review, it sounds like the perfect thing to read after a long, hard day of wrapping Christmas presents.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds really good. Don't know if I would read it yet, since it is Christmas themed. Come December though and I'll definitely take a look. :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-unwept/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Pick! This sounds like a bittersweet love story. A perfect holiday read for December!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh I like the sound of this one! Awesome pick :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW
    today ;)

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like such a cute story, and just in time for the holidays! I'm so glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have some Christmas books coming up on my list and I'm super excited for them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks great. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post