Friday, October 4, 2013

{FRISKY FALL SATURDAYS} ABLAZE (FIRESIDE #1) by MORGANA BLACK




Summer is over, but just because the temperature is dropping, doesn't mean we have to stop reading scorching hot books! Frisky Fall Saturdays is a weekly post dedicated to sexy stories. Feel free to join in. (let us know so we can add a link to your post) As those leaves start piling up in the yard, ignore them and pick up a sexy book!

The Autumn Review
Insightful Minds Reviews
Globug and Hootie Need a Book

**The books featured on FRISKY FALL SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please stop here. **


Ablaze (Ablaze, #1)Series: Fireside #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: 1/12/13
Format: ebook
Pages: 26
Source: Received from publicist for review
Rating: 2.5 stars


Cheyenne is planning the perfect weekend with her partner to be Collin. But when the weather turns ugly she finds herself trapped in a cabin with dangerously attractive Luke, one of her father’s ranch hands. When the power goes out Luke and Cheyenne make the decision to keep each other warm, in more ways than one.





Set in a cabin in Colorado during a snowstorm, Ablaze is a teeny tiny story. Chapter-sized, really. But that's okay because I knew what I was getting when I accepted it for review. So I can't seriously complain about the length, can I?

But on the other hand, the shortness leave me without a lot to say without my review ending up longer than the story. I personally enjoy serials from time-to-time, though I know a lot of readers do not. I think if you go into Ablaze realizing that it is only twenty-six pages, it is a series, and you won't have a tidy ending, then you might enjoy it. It does contain a good set-up, and given more time with the characters, I might become invested in their story.

As promised in the blurb, Luke and Cheyenne do keep one another nice and toasty in the midst of a brutal snowstorm, and yes this involves sex. The scene was fitting for their situation, though felt a bit rushed. The chemistry between them was nice, but I seriously wish I had more to say on the subject.

Ablaze does end on a cliffhanger between Luke and Cheyenne. And though I don't feel especially compelled to pick the next installment up right away, I may eventually want find out what happens next.



Favorite Quote:

  My confidence got the best of me. "Time to take those off I think," I said with a snide smile.
  He laughed, "For someone who seemed so stuck up, you're damn good at letting loose."
  I licked my lips and smiled, "You make me good at it."   ~ebook, 89%




Purchase Ablaze

Morgana Black on GoodReads

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this one and form time to time I like reading small books only this things feel a bit rushed. Too bad. Well cliffhanger means I wouldn't read it before the sequel is out. I hope you'll continue with this series. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short reads like this can be good to pass a bit of spare time with. Though I usually always end up wishing for more if it goes well or not having enough time to connect with the characters. Which probably explains why I avoid them so much. ;) Great review, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review was better than mine, I understood it was short but I wanted a little bit more from it honestly. Great job babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review and quote. Love the dazzling cover and theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of serials too not unless I got all the volumes then I can binge read but if I have to wait for days or weeks at a time, I lose interest. I need continuity in my stories and some books does have cliffhangers but at least there's still some meat to the story. Serials are smaller than bite size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read one serial and decided that in order to read them, I have to wait until all parts are released! LOL Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see how it would be difficult to write a review for a book so short. It sounds like it would be a good little short story for if you have limited time. Thanks for sharing :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like novellas but this is ultra short! 26 pages? Wow. I can see how it would be hard to write a review, Andrea! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't Hootie read this one? Hmm. Not sure about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be hard to think of something to write for something so short, but then again, if it doesn't work, the short thing could come in handy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post