Sunday, October 13, 2013

COURTNEY REVIEWS: BE HERE NOW by ANDREA WOLFE

Be Here NowGenre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-Published
Publication Date: 8/16/13
Format: eARC
Pages: 266
Source: Received from author for review
Rating: 4 stars

They took everything from her.

Attacked her.

Raped her.

Left her for dead.

She lost her whole life in New Orleans and fled to Seattle, hoping to find sanctuary from her dark past. Simone LeClair isn't sure if she'll ever love anyone again—or if she even wants to.

That is, until she meets the beautiful Aiden Meyers, a man with a myriad problems of his own, a man that wears different masks to keep his conflicting worlds separate from each other. For some strange reason, as soon as Simone lays her eyes on him, she can't look away. He's unlike any man she's ever met, and that makes him all the more unbelievable.

When she's with him, all her pain becomes a distant memory, pain that she believed she'd never escape. But as Aiden's walls start to crumble, and the worlds he juggles start to collide, Simone realizes he's dangerous in a whole new way - she's fallen hard for him, even though he's on a downward spiral that threatens to take her down with him.

Will Simone sink with him?

Or will she pull herself out before it's too late?

Full length (93,000 word) New Adult Contemporary Romance

Mature Content Warning: Contains adult language and content.

HEA ending.
 


First things first, Be Here Now...Blew. My. Mind. Kaboom, it exploded. Okay so the first chapter horrified me and sucked me in completely. It was intense, and just really set things off in a direction that I was not expecting. The blurb does give a great idea into what is going to happen, but it really sucker punched me with what actually happened.

Then, the rest of the story happens and while Simone has every reason to act kind of like a crazy girl when she does, I had another eye opening experience with her meeting Aiden. She acts insane there for a while, but the greatest thing about it is how real life their relationship seems and he doesn't take her crap. I honestly didn't know how they got from point A to point B, because they did not get off on the right foot at all!

Well, things happen that I can't tell you, but Aiden and Simone start seeing each other. Aiden and Simone both have some serious past issues that have been holding them back but Aiden's mystique just changed almost every single time Simone saw him. When it says he has many faces, he does. He is cute hipster guy, confident rocker that leads his band, and really angry son that cannot forgive his father for past hurts. His highs and lows will make you question Simone's sanity more than once, but the good times are good...and that is enough right? ;)

I love when a heroine starts figuring stuff out for herself. Simone starts going back to therapy and that sort of honesty for a character is hard to write sometimes but I loved it. The tables turn in yet another unexpected way with Aiden and I hope that you too will be proud of both of their adult like choices. Maybe there isn't always adult like behavior but when push comes to shove the destructive behavior does take a backseat to realistic hard choices...thank goodness. This book was a seriously good surprise from Andrea Wolfe and I enjoyed it very much!!



Purchase Be Here Now ($0.99)



9 comments:

  1. Oh another cover with this tattoo guy. Anyhow I haven't heard of this author or the book but it sounds like something even I'd enjoy. I mean NA is not really for me, but this heroine sounds so good. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Would love to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good but I will admit that I'm ready to read anything but NA. I do like it when the heroine figures things out on her own. And if you loved it, it has to be good. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute, sweet and enthralling premise. It's the emotional rawness of stories like this that sucks you in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sound of this! Definitely going in the TBR. Great review, Courtney. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful review Courtney and I love the model he is on so many covers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic review, Courtney! This is a book I've had on my radar and I'm so glad to hear it was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I bought it so it better be good! *stares at you Courtney* Nice review.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post