I am a big fan of the Woodlands series by Jen Frederick, and am happy to help promote the latest installment, Unraveled. My post includes a short excerpt, a fun Top Ten, and a giveaway.
Series: Woodlands #3
Category/Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Pear Tree LLC
Publication Date: 1/20/14
Twenty-five-year-old Sgt. Gray Phillips is at a crossroads in his life: stay in the Marine Corps or get out and learn to be a civilian? He’s got forty-five days of leave to make up his mind but the people in his life aren’t making the decision any easier. His dad wants him to get out; his grandfather wants him to stay in. And his growing feelings for Sam Anderson are wreaking havoc with his heart…and his mind. He believes relationships get ruined when a Marine goes on deployment. So now he’s got an even harder decision to make: take a chance on Sam or leave love behind and give his all to the Marines.
Twenty-two year old Samantha Anderson lost her husband to an IED in Afghanistan just two months after their vows. Two years later, Sam is full of regrets—that she didn’t move with her husband to Alaska; that she allowed her friends to drift away; that she hasn’t taken many chances in life. Now, she’s met Gray and taking a risk on this Marine could be her one opportunity to feel alive and in love again. But how can she risk her heart on another military man who could share the same tragic fate as her husband?
THIS WAS ONLY TEMPORARY, I reminded myself, as Samantha so sweetly kissed me back. I'm only here for a short time I reminded myself but as I felt her tongue stroke the side of my tongue, as she nipped her teeth against my lip, I wanted to just drown in the sensation. Her scent filled my head and the air around us shrank until all I knew was her small body sitting so close to mine. I moved my hand from her shoulder to cup her neck and angled her face for deeper penetration. I licked every inch inside of her mouth until the taste of her was all that I knew on my tongue.
And all that time I stared in to her green eyes and not once did she look like she was anywhere but right here with me. I saw my reflection there. Her heartbeat was made wild by my kisses.
And temporary was the farthest thing from my mind.
Ten Surprising Things Sam Would Tell You About Gray
10. Gray really isn’t as bad of a knitter as you might think and he’s really good at helping unwind skeins of yarn and re rolling them into balls.
9. He’s a homebody probably because when he’s deployed he’s getting all the adventure out of his system. When he comes home, he likes to relax on the sofa, drink beer and watch sports. Oh and other stuff. ;)
8. He really loves family. We have dinner with his parents almost once a week and have gone to see his brothers regularly. He Skypes with Bitsy and tells her to stay away from all men particularly my brother in law Tucker.
7. He doesn’t snore.
6. He will rarely fall asleep before me. He says its because he likes to watch me while I’m sleeping.
5. He would like a pet, preferably a dog that he can take to the beach with him.
4. He loves being a Marine. I know that it’s popular to make fun of someone who enjoys being enlisted so much but it means something to him. He likes the idea that he’s involved in something bigger than himself so that even if the day to day things grind him down, he has the greater purpose in mind.
3. He often thinks about separating. He misses his family a lot and his brothers are often telling him to come and work in their custom auto business.
2. He’s very tender.
1. He wants to have his own family. That’s really important to him. And we work on it regularly. :)
The Woodlands Series
(covers lead to GoodReads page)
$50 Gift Card
About the authorBestselling author Jen Frederick lives with her husband, child, and one rambunctious dog. She's been reading stories all her life but never imagined writing one of her own. Jen loves to hear from readers so drop her a line at email@example.com.