Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's WoW selection is...
Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love. ~From GoodReads

Technically, I'm not waiting, since I have the ARC. But, I'm forcing myself to wait until closer to publication date, so I think it counts!

Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: May 8th 2012 by HarperCollins

You can pre-order Hemlock at:
Barnes & Noble  |  Amazon  |  Book Depository

17 comments:

  1. hahaha this sounds so good and damn your lucky to get an ARC!!!! i cant wait to see what you think!!

    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I can't wait for this. I love werewolves! And I feel you on waiting on stuff that you have. I am waiting on some stuff just because I don't have time to read them yet. Wish I could read faster.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dying to read this one too. I love the cover for it.

    Stop by my wow: http://dream-wish-live.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying to read this!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can also relate to the whole have an arc, but still feel like you are waiting for it feeling. I'm in the same boat.

    And I'm also waiting for this one.

    My WoW/WWW

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds really good. Great pick :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes this is one that I'm waiting for as well. Great pick!
    Shellie @ Creative Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way! This book sounds so fabulous, and I can see it sitting there looking all pretty, but I'm forcing myself to wait until April to read it. It's like torture.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying to read more UF. This sounds great. I must be going crazy because I thought Hemlock had a completely different cover, but I can't find it anywhere. So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover is gorgeous. I've seen this book around a lot lately but I had no clue what it was about, it does sound like a book I would love.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! This one sounds like my kind of read, so I am definitely adding it to me TBR list - thank you for sharing it! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sound of this one !!! I can't wait to know what you think of this one Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really excited about this one too! Great pick!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words
    My Wow pick this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this one too! I'm really eager to start reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh so gooood! I couldn't wait myself haha. You should read it now bc it rocks!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick. Hemlock has been on my wish list for months. The cover is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post