Monday, February 20, 2012

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

This week's Teaser is from
IlluminateHaven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew. ~ From GoodReads

My Teaser ~

"After a thing like that, worry becomes more than a reflex; it becomes an umbrella shadowing daily life, hovering closer every time someone gets home late or doesn't call when they say they will."
(pg.5, ARC)

Hardcover, 531 pages
Expected publication: March 6th 2012 by Harcourt Children's Books
You can pre-order Illuminate at:

21 comments:

  1. Wow, this title sounds completely mesmerizing! I can't wait to read your review. (I'm also very partial to the name "Dante," LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you partial to that name? I feel like I should know the answer! :-)

      Delete
  2. The cover is so pretty and the story sounds really interesting. I like the quote. Worry does hang around shadowing life.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser! This book sounds very intriguing and I hope that you enjoy reading it. I already have it on my wishlist.

    Check out my teaser from BORN WICKED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser! Here's mine for the week: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the teaser! I hope you like this book, it's on my TBR list! <3

    Check out my teaser this week? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I really need to check this one out – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesdays-fault-in-our-stars-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting teaser. It really makes me want to know what's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to hook 'em. :P Are you liking this one any better yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really got into it. It was better, but I didn't love it by any means. I'm glad you loved it though!

      Delete
  9. Love that teaser! An "umbrella shadowing daily life..."

    I've been noticing this one around, and it looks really good.

    Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser. Very nice metaphor there. Not to mention the cover looks fabulous as well!

    Here's my teaser!

    Ning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A captivating teaser, great cover.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_21.html

      Delete
  11. I really look forward to know what ou think of this one Andrea ... Thanks for the teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Illuminate" was pretty awesome - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    Here's mine for this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this book, but haven't had a chance to read it! I like the teaser! Let me kow what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed your teaser. I've never heard worry compared to an umbrella, and the author did a good job with that. Very original.
    My teaser is here: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooohhh...this sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing!

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-11-bloodrose.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this cover!
    http://www.autumnreview.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-221.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post