Monday, February 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:

·Grab your current read
·Open to a random page
·Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
·Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

This week's Teaser is from
Haunted by memories from his first days as a vampire, Balthazar has spent hundreds of years alone—without allies, without love. When he emerges from his isolation to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, Balthazar has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye’s psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Having learned of Skye’s powers and the remarkable effect her blood has on vampires, he plans to use her for his own evil purposes. As they stand together to fight the evil vampire, Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by Skye...just as Redgrave realizes that he can destroy Balthazar once and for all by taking her for his own.

In a story filled with forbidden love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray’s New York Times bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart.

My Teaser:

"Balthazar was the kind of guy who used totally correct spelling and punctuation even when he was texting, which was sort of bizarrely hot. She was in serious trouble if commas could get her going."
(pg. 27, ARC)

I am loving this book!

Hardcover, 374 pages
Expected publication: March 6th 2012
You can pre-order Balthazar at:

17 comments:

  1. Great Teaser, The series that this book is connected too really looks interest. Plus I liked Claudia's book Fateful. I might have to check it out. =]
    Here is My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lol! This made me laugh. Love it! Will have to keep an eye out for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is too funny!!

    My teaser is from Sister of the Bride by Susan Mallery. Stop by & check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that too! As do several of my friends (most of us are literature nerds, unsurprisingly).

    Here's my teaser: http://allsortsofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesdays-thackery-t-lambshead.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started this series yet. But I do have the first two books in my stack. Balthazar does sound sort of hot and I didn't even know good spelling could be a turn-on. My teasers are from Timeless by Gail Carriger and Dark Eyes by William Richter. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Teaser!! He does seem the type to always use correct spelling. I can't wait to read Balthazar.

    Here is mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!! I laughed so hard at that line! Skye is really funny! Glad you are enjoying it!
    http://www.autumnreview.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-228.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That teaser is awesome!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha-ha...love the sound of that character. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea where, but I've already read this sentence ... Great teaser Andrea ! I can't wait to know what you think of this book .. I loved the Evernight series so I will buy a copy of this one soon :) !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I already have BALTHAZAR on my TBR and can't wait to read it. Glad to see you are enjoying it!

    My teaser is from AWAKE AT DAWN.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate good punctuation too, but ... hot?? LOVED your teaser!
    Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read The Evernight Series and this book it sounds so good. Here's my TT!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_28.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great teaser!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_28.html

      Delete
  14. That is a great teaser!! I just bought the first book in the series, so I will defiantly need to read it soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that teaser! Very cute (coming from a girl who texts in complete sentences). Here's mine:
    Teaser Tuesday @ Megan Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOLing! This has been the best teaser I have ever read!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post