Welcome to my stop on the A Little Too Hot Blog Tour, hosted by InkSlinger PR. Find all the tour stops here.
Series: A Little Too Far #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: William Morrow
Publication Date: 1/21/14
Rating: 5 stars
If you play with fire…
Tossed out of college and cut off by her parents, Samantha West is in pretty dire straits. So when her rocker best friend hooks her up with a job dancing at a gentlemen’s club, who is she to turn it down? Plus, there are rules to dancing at Benny’s: No touching, keep your clothes on at all times, and never get closer than three feet. Unfortunately for Sam, her first private client makes her want to break every single one of them.
Harrison Yates is scorching hot, but he’s got a past that involves being left at the altar not too long ago. Sam is determined to make him forget about his ex, but when she makes her move, it flings her life into a spiral of chaos she never saw coming.
Because Harrison Yates isn’t who he seems to be. And his secret will probably get her killed.
Why I Loved A Little Too Hot
- Samantha West... I wasn't very fond of Sam in A Little Too Far. It's not that she did anything wrong, at all. She was simply in the way. In A Little Too Hot, we quickly learn that Sam's life has gone down the crapper in the year since her heart was broken by her best friend and the boy she loved. She's directionless, apathetic. She's made bad choices and is suffering the consequences. It's not pretty and certainly not easy to say, but I could relate to Sam in that way. I'm sure many of us can. The great thing about this is, Sam has the opportunity to come to some tough realizations about herself and to experience good changes. That opportunity makes for a worthwhile story.
- Harrison Yates... I'm a little tied up when it comes to Harrison. His entire story is a big surprise. I will say he is HOT (UNFF!), he is mysterious (VERY), and he is COMPLICATED. When I say complicated, I don't mean he's a damaged bad boy who does bad things but we like him anyway bc he's tortured. NO. He is complicated in a way that truly shocked me, made me angry, hurt, and ultimately paid off big time.
- Suspense... one of my very favorite aspects about A Little Too Far was the fact that I did not know which guy would win Lexi's heart until the very end. It was a bit of a torment, but truly held the perfect amount of angst. In A Little Too Hot, we have a similar type of situation, for REASONS. Reasons that I so want to discuss but that would ruin the suspense of the story, therefore ruining the suspense for the reader, in my opinion. It's not the choice between two men, but the question of will Sam and Harrison ever get to be together?
- Chemistry... From the moment Sam and Harrison lay eyes on one another, it is GAME ON. Honestly, the first time she sees him, it was a moment that made me half gasp/half sob and it kills me not to discuss why. Once again, secrets. The attraction between them is fiery, very erotic, and intense. Every moment they connected was a moment that I wanted to shout at them to "Just do it already!" But in a good move by Desrochers, things are not so easy. The "relationship" was still very physical, but also became a friendship. A Little Too Hot had an element of "Will They or Won't They" that had me anxious and crazy and hanging on to every word. I will say again that while it is a very sexually charged relationship, it is not all about sex. And again, huge payoff.
-Full Circle... From the beginning, Sam loved Trent. When her heart was broken when she learned that he loved Lexi, Sam couldn't deal with the sense of betrayal she felt. Trent and Lexi, her very best friend, were no longer a part of her life. As she changes and falls for Harrison, Sam begins to see that things turned out as they should. It's a hard but good realization, and when the story from A Little Too Far comes to a full circle with a beautiful and happy conclusion, it brought smiles and tears.
When I learned that A Little Too Hot was going to be about Sam, I wasn't especially enthused. Like I said, she was in the way in book one, and I didn't care about her. Desrochers proved me wrong. Not only did Sam have a story to tell, but it was a great story. She and Harrison were pure perfection, complicated, sexy, and a had a delicious and rewarding story. A Little Too Hot was brilliant, my favorite in the series. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of it, but if it is, A Little Too Hot went out on top.
Desire twists tight in my core at the knowledge that this man, who is by far the hottest man I've ever known, wants me. Looking at the need on his face and coiled in his body, I know for sure he wouldn't go eight months without taking me to bed. That look makes me feel sexy and beautiful. It makes me pulse with need and ache in my most private places. It tells me that he wouldn't leave me waiting and wanting for even eight minutes.
He shakes his head slowly. "It wasn't that. We just never...it wasn't like this," he says with a wave of his hand between us. "I've never been on fire like this for any other woman."
My heart skips. "You're on fire for me?"
He hangs his head, but his smoldering gaze stays locked on mine. "Burning alive."
Sam's Top 10 List:(where she’d like to get Harrison alone)
10) On the sofa at Benny’s
9) On the sofa at Jonathan’s
8) In the back seat of his Escalade
7) In the swimming pool
6) In the shower
5) On the pool table
4) On the kitchen table
3) On the kitchen counter
2) On the beach at the Point
1) Under the stars at his cabin in the mountains
A Little Too Far Series
(cover leads to GoodReads)
A Little Too Far
A Little Too Hot
A LITTLE TOO HOT blurb pack: REAL, MINE, and REMY signed by Katy Evans; RULE, JET, and ROME signed by Jay Crownover; and FORPLAY signed by Sophie Jordan plus signed swag.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
About the author
Lisa Desrochers lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. There is never a time that she can be found without a book in her hand, and she adores stories that take her to new places, and then take her by surprise.