Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY ~ THE LONESOME YOUNG




Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week's WoW selection is...



The Lonesome YoungCategory/Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: 4/8/14
 

Get swept away in the first book of the sensational romantic drama that is Romeo & Juliet meets Justified.

WHAT HAPPENS when the teenage heirs of two bitterly FEUDING FAMILIES can’t stay away from each other?

The Rhodales and the Whitfields have been sworn enemies for close on a hundred years, with a whole slew of adulterous affairs, financial backstabbing, and blackmailing that’s escalated the rivalry to its current state of tense ceasefire.

IT’S TIME TO LIGHT THE FUSE . . .

And now a meth lab explosion in rural Whitfield County is set to reignite the feud more viciously than ever before. Especially when the toxic fire that results throws together two unlikely spectators—proper good girl Victoria Whitfield, exiled from boarding school after her father’s real estate business melts down in disgrace, and town motorcycle rebel Mickey Rhodale, too late as always to thwart his older brothers’ dangerous drug deals.

Victoria and Mickey are about to find out the most passionate romances are the forbidden ones.

. . . ON A POWDER KEG FULL OF PENT-UP DESIRE, risk-taking daredevilry, and the desperate actions that erupt when a generation of teens inherits nothing but hate.

Why I'm Waiting ~ Romeo and Juliet meets Justified? Heck yeah, I want that! Although...I've never read a "R&J" story that had a happy ending...
Anyhow, I will definitely be reading The Lonesome Young.



What do you think of my pick? Be sure to leave a comment and I will come check out your WoW.

Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. Darn it, maybe if I'd written Defy the Stars without the verse, it would have been picked up and turned into this book! Although I'd guess this one might have a happy ending... And I'm glad I went indie, anyway. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book! I love YA Contemporary Romance:)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this book at another blog few weeks ago. It does sound interesting but too cliche to me. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very interesting. I hope you get your hands on it, but I don't read many YA contemps.

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover looks like a movie poster. Haha Anyway, hope you enjoy!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    Michelle, The Escapist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice WoW Andrea, I love these types of stories! It sounds fabulous.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds pretty good and actually, the second story based on Romeo and Juliet. Weird huh? Anyway, I do like the sound of this one! Adding now! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really awesome, but I'm hoping this doesn't end the way Romeo and Juliet ends. That would be too heart-breaking.
    Great pick, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds interesting. I'd love to give it a chance when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New to me and sounds good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm this one sounds like it will be an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-16-things-i-thought-were-true/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to read Star crossed (battered hearts 2) it was R&J and had intense hot moments, think moisture ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, this sounds great!!! I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds really good! I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha-ha, that’s exactly what I think too: Yay a Romeo and Juliet book! Then I remember how it always ends. This one still looks good but I am not a fan of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes I am loving the sound of this one! I love retellings. Although I do worry about the ending. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoooo! This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the sound of this. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover is soooo romantic! Never heard of this one. Looks really good! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW ;)

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so hard to resist a forbidden romance...when it's so wrong it's right. :D I haven't seen JUSTIFIED yet, but I keep meaning to--I hear such good things! Look forward to having you guinea pig this one, Andrea. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh this sounds awesome!! I love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This cover is awesome! And I freaking love Justified! Hahaha! I am so in1 This sounds great! Thanks for sharing Andrea! Adding it to my TBR pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The cover looks so epic! Sounds like a pretty awesome romance, hopefully there's a happy ending, I'm so bad with sad ones especially R&J style sad ending haha. Thanks for sharing!

    Book Munchies' WoW (:

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds really, really good, Andrea! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The synopsis actually had me thinking of a modern day Hatfields & McCoys...interesting!

    Here's my WoW Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  27. This does sound hot! I also haven't read a R&J HEA story but hey if this has this why the hell not!? lol ;p I really like the sound of this one. Great pick, Andrea! :)

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww. A Romeo * Juliet Story! Love those! Let's hope this one has a HEA!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  29. The first thing I thought was if it's inspired by Romeo & Juliet I hope there's not a tragic ending! I do like the sound of this one, though! Great choice, Andrea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post