Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...

The BreakawayFalling in love with one of her kidnappers is probably the most dangerous thing Naomi could ever do, but she can’t get over the fact that her parents have never paid attention to her and her boyfriend punched her in the face the night before she was abducted. For the first time in her life she’s part of a family — even if it’s a family of criminals. Escape isn’t so high on her list as she’s forced to choose between parents and a boyfriend who never really loved her — or a family of thieves who say they only want to make her happy.
~From GoodReads


Why I'm Waiting ~
I am on such a Contemporary YA roll right now and The Breakaway seems a perfect fit for me. When you add the psychological factor to the mix, it sounds like a great read.


Expected publication: May 1st 2012 by Rhemalda Publishing

14 comments:

  1. This book sounds very interesting! I like the cover a lot! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!! ^_^

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole "faling in love with one of her kidnappers" puzzle me .. It sound svery interesting :) !! Great choice, I'm going to add this one to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Most awesome cover with the shadowy dude and the gun. Sounds like some great conflict in this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this one looks really good! I love the cover and the synopsis is very intriguing! Great pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound awesome. After loving Stolen by Lucy Christopher I kind of have a sick obsession with kidnapping books. LOL Most don't compare to that one but I think I might give this one a try.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds like such a good read. I can't believe I had missed this book! Thanks for drawing my attention to it. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this sounds like an awesome read. Totally intrigued by the whole falling in love her kidnapper thing. Will definitely be adding this to my tbr shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah this definitely sounds intense... I'll have to check it out. That cover is pretty creepy too!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a captivating read, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so interesting. I really want to know what she chooses in the end. I'm definitely going to have to read this one. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. Makes me wonder what the story is with the kidnappers if she feels that way.
    Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Stockholm Syndrome - sounds like this could be a good read!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm... I've been fascinated by Stockholm Syndrome for a long time now, so this sounds interesting to me. I liked Stolen by Lucy Christopher (although the ending was horrible), so maybe I'll check this one out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooo, punched in the face! I'd probably want to bone my kidnapper too if my boyfriend was that much of a douche. I hope she at least punches the prick back.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post