Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mini-Review: Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers , #5.5) by Rachel Vincent

Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)

Dont Close Your Eyes.

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.

Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?
~From GoodReads
This is going to be short and sweet. Basically, Rachel Vincent brings IT Every.Single.Time.

Rachel Vincent writes amazing novellas. And they're not just fillers. Each and every one has served to give the reader more insights into the Soul Screamers world and characters. (And if you've read Reaper, you've had your heart broken.)

I will probably never like Sophie, but I don't think this was written to make me love her. I will say, I have begrudging respect/admiration for her. She's strong and powerful in ways that she doesn't even fully understand, yet. Sort of like her awesome cousin, Kaylee!

I loved new character Luca. He will make an interesting, and HOT addition to the Soul Screamers world.

I loved the hallway/glove scene!! That was my favorite part of NtS. I was cheering! Also loved the Addison scene.

Never to Sleep is fabulous and sets up Before I Wake perfectly!

ebook
Published January 1st 2012 by Harlequin

You can purchase Never to Sleep at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Harlequin.com

4 comments:

  1. I just finished it! Great e-novella. Definitely can't wait to read more about Luca :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber-
    I'm glad you loved NtS. I'm firmly convinced Rachel Vincebt couldn't possibly write something I wouldn't love. I can't wait to find out more about Luca, too. He's a welcome addition to the Soul Screamers world, in my opinion.
    Thanks fir stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing a lot about this series on other book blogs. Guess I have to check it out! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What one of the best things I love about Rachel Vincent is she creates characters who you love to hate....then she makes novellas like this that show you them in a different light. I know she doesn't mean for you to love them, just at least understand them on a bigger level.
    I never liked Sophie (or Sabine) until I read the short stories or novellas. Then I was like....dammit. Now I can't hate her. LOL
    Woot woot for Before I Wake! Bring. It. On! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post