Friday, June 22, 2012

SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS, #4


Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroos Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn ReviewAttack the Stacks and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to challenge one other to add a little spice to our reading and to spread the word about sizzling summer reads.


**The books featured on SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please do not read farther. **

Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)
An ultimatum can break your heart.... Every night lead singer, Sed Lionheart whips thousands of women into a frenzy with his voice alone. But the stage is the only place Sed feels any passion since he lost Jessica... If you’re not willing to break all the rules... It shattered her heart, but law student Jessica broke off her engagement to Sed, determined to be successful on her own terms. But no other man can ever hold a candle to Sed... Then a chance meeting and tortuously close quarters lead to uncontrollable flares of passion and rediscovery of their unique penchant for public encounters. Now, in addition to the risk of mutual heartbreak every time they get together, they’re in danger of truly scandalous public exposure...


So would you be even the tiniest bit surprised if I said I loved ROCK HARD? I mean, come on, the title gave me high hopes. I loved book one in the series, BACKSTAGE PASS (my review) , and couldn't wait to get my hands on Sinners lead singer Sedric Lionheart's story.

I have to start by admitting, I didn't care much for Sed before this book. In BACKSTAGE PASS, Sed is an arrogant, mostly off-putting, girlfriend-stealing man whore. The dude was known for getting it on with three to four girls at a time for crying out loud. But very rarely a contemplative, regretful side of Sed peeked through. The hint was definitely there that Sed had a story to tell. That hint is what made me excited to read ROCK HARD.

In this story, fate or circumstance pushes Sed and his former fiance, Jessica, back together. When they are forced to share close quarters, their attraction takes over and old (sexual) habits resurface. Sed wants to protect Jessica, be the alpha male and provider. Because of his blunt nature, though, he comes off as a condescending, controlling asshat. Jessica has issues, namely Sed. His controlling nature drives her crazy, enough so to make her leave him two years prior to this story. When he unexpectantly and violently re-enters her life, she wants to make him pay, to break his heart. In an effort to make that happen, she plans to use Sed's body (who can blame her?), toy with his heart, then dump his arrogant ass all over again. But, like any good romance, that plan goes down in flames when Jess realizes that Sed has changed, that he truly loves her and she never stopped loving him.

Besides Jess and Sed, the band, Sinners, is featured more in this book, as a unit. I loved that. I felt like I was behind the scenes, witnessing the magic. There is also a great deal of foreshadowing about Trey, Jace and Eric for the future books in the series. I have to admit, SINNERS ON TOUR has given me a much bigger appreciation for rock stars. I've always dug musicians, but now I really dig them. *wink*

So...I know why you're really here, for the S-E-X. Lemme tell you, there is plenty of the boning in ROCK HARD. And I do mean plenty. The kink isn't as prevalent as in BACKSTAGE PASS. Sed and Jess are a little more sedate in their tastes, but definitely not in their enthusiasm. With the amount of action these two get, I think they're basically sexual machines. They can get it on anytime, anywhere. They have insatiable appetities and they really enjoy sex in public places.  And wow, homegirl's got technique! Besides having fun reading the story, I feel like I'm learning, y'all! Seriously, my mind is cataloging all of the tips I've gathered reading this series.

ROCK HARD was a highly enjoyable read for me. After the wonderful BACKSTAGE PASS, led by the most-adorable couple, Brian and Myrna, I didn't know if ROCK HARD would cut it for me. Sed and Jessica are definitely a change. Sed isn't as openly lovable as Brian. Jessica isn't the level-headed, calm person that Myrna is. I can identify with that. As a highly emotional and sometimes melodramatic chick, I like to be represented every now and then. They both make dumb choices, overreact. They're not perfect, but they are real. I fell hard for them, rooted for their happy ending. And, now that I think about it, I focused more on their relationship than the sex. Weird. Either I found the plotline to be super strong or I am becoming immune to the smexy times. *shudders* I'll go with option A. And now, the wait is on for Trey's book, DOUBLE TIME, which I have on preorder, but doesn't release until November. Somebody hold me.


Favorite Quote:

"Whatever it took to make her love him, he'd do it. To hell with what Brian or anyone else thought. He refused to give up on her this time. She would be his again. And not just in body. That would never be enough for him and he knew it." (pg 130)


"They stared into each other's eyes as Sed found an agonizingly slow rhythm. She couldn't decide if it was the connection between their bodies or the one between their souls that gave her greater pleasure. She couldn't look away from his gaze. And she didn't want sexual release. She just wanted to be with him. Forever, like this. Together." (pg 304)


"He sighed and wiped a hand over his face. If there were a Jessica Chase instruction manual, it would be written backwards in Arabic Pig Latin and twelve thousand pages long with random pages missing." (pg 311)


Once again, I had to include a photo of Sed as I imagine him. I think most of you will approve. This is M. Shadows, the lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold.


And because I like this song, here's a video...




You can find loads of SINNERS ON TOUR goodies at Sinner's Excerpts. You can read Chapter One of BACKSTAGE PASS and ROCK HARD, excerpts and deleted scenes from both books and short stories. Yay! I foresee myself spending lots of time there. You can also visit the Sinner's Blog.


Published April 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated

You can purchase ROCK HARD at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository

You can find Olivia Cunning at her:
blog | website


Source: Personal Purchase.

13 comments:

  1. This review was awesome!! I still didn't buy the first one, but I really should. This one sounds really hot and fantastic too!! I love these Saturday posts. It helps me to find some good smexy books!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon! These posts are easily my favorite of the week. You should definitely read this series.

      Delete
  2. Sexy cover. The story sounds great too. nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the review! Perfect. Just perfectly said. Agree 110%. So glad you love these as much as I do! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! November can't come soon enough. *cries*

      Delete
  4. "I feel like I'm learning, y'all! Seriously, my mind is cataloging all of the tips I've gathered reading this series." LOVE this quote lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review chica! Another sexy sounding & looking book. I love how you include pics of how you picture the character(s). It definitely helps me visualize these rocker hotties better. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I spend a lot of time searching for the perfect image. It's worth it!

      Delete
  6. "He sighed and wiped a hand over his face. If there were a Jessica Chase instruction manual, it would be written backwards in Arabic Pig Latin and twelve thousand pages long with random pages missing." (pg 311)

    BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LoL at learning! I so learn from reading these erotic books. I'll be the first to ashamedly admit I could use some help in the fellatio department. Sad but true, but hey, it's never to late in a marraige to practice and perfect things, even try new things! lol. *note to self, pick up ice pops*

    Now your going to get hits on your blog about blow jobs, you watch! :o)

    I have to read these books. I have decided I must just start reading them after you, because I feel bad when my reviews ruin a book for you. I will always poke fun at any erotic book I read. No matter how good it is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post