Friday, June 15, 2012

SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS! {#3}







Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroos Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn Review, and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to challenge one other to add a little spice to our reading and to spread the word about sizzling summer reads.


This week's Sexy Summer read is another hot one. If you're under eighteen, you need to back away again this week. ;-)

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1)
Five stunning guys, one hot woman, and a feverish romance... For him, life is all music and no play... When Brian Sinclair, lead songwriter and guitarist of the hottest metal band on the scene, loses his creative spark, it will take nights of downright sinful passion to release his pent-up genius... She's the one to call the tune... When sexy psychologist Myrna Evans goes on tour with the Sinners, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. But Brian is the only one she wants to get her hands on... Then the two lovers' wildly shocking behavior sparks the whole band to new heights of glory...and sin...~From GoodReads


WHOA. BABY.  Those two words sum up my thoughts after reading BACKSTAGE PASS. I was told this was a hot, hot book by my friend Autumn, an expert in smexy books. So like the dutiful, trusting chick I am, I immediately ordered this book and book two in the series, ROCK HARD (wonder what that implies :-) ). As soon as I started reading this one, I was hit by many tweets from fans of the series. They hinted about cherry suckers, voyeuristic drummers...amongst other things. So I had a feeling that reading BACKSTAGE PASS would be quite the experience. Boy, was it ever!

So once again, I've hit a book that is almost too much for my poor brain to wrap around. I am on sensory overload. So I am going to break this baby down into two segments: the story and the sex. Sound good? Let's do this!

The story. Myrna is a sexual behavior professor at a conference. She happens to see members of her favorite band, Sinners, having a great time drinking in the hotel. She introduces herself to the band, and quickly becomes acquainted with them. They would all love to get down with her, but she has her eyes on Master Sinclair, lead guitarist. Brian "Master" Sinclair is actually the master at getting his heart broken. He repeatedly falls for his girlfriends, only to have his heart stomped on when they cheat, usually with his bandmates. When he meets Myrna, Brian is immediately smitten. He falls hard for the beautiful professor with an exciting sexual appetite. The problem is, Myrna doesn't want love. She only wants right now. So Brian sets out to win Myrna's heart. To give her a reason to stay with him. Forever.

BACKSTAGE PASS was a terrific story. I love a great romance with a strong, secure female lead. Myrna is a force. She knows what she wants, in life and in the bedroom. Her lack of naivete was a welcome change from what I typically see in romance novels. Brian was beyond wonderful. I'm a firm believer that there are fewer things in life sexier than rock stars. When you add the fact that Brian is a hopeless romantic, a one woman man..well, that just seals the deal for me. I absolutely loved him. The road these two take, in getting to really know one another, the give-and-take that transpires as they slowly build a relationship, was gorgeous. I loved that author Olivia Cunning really took her time with Brian and Myrna. Stories like that make the payoff so much sweeter.


Now for the smexy times. *rubs hands together* This is one. hot. book. HOT! Listen, you know how I just said that rock stars are the sexiest things ever? Scratch that. Rock stars who hear music when they're making love and use their lover's body to write the notes on are the hottest things ever. Ever. I just...my brain wants to 'splode when I imagine it. Hot. As for the adventures of Myrna and Brian. Talk about wild. I totally felt like I should take notes while I was reading. Myrna is determined to explore every naughty fantasy she's ever had. Brian is more than willing to share them with her. I have to admire her, the woman knows what she wants and has the cajones to say it. I won't go into all the naughty bits, and there are a lot. Let's just say I will never look at cherry suckers the same way ever again. *falls over dead*

It would be an epic understatement to say I really liked this book. BACKSTAGE PASS is a book I shall re-read many times, probably when I need a good pick-me-up. I am ridiculously excited to read book two, ROCK HARD. I already have book three, DOUBLE TIME, on pre-order. Olivia Cunning is now an "auto buy" author for me. So if you like hot guys, strong women and sexy times, this series is for you!

Link to site


This is Synyster Gates, from the group Avenged Sevenfold. I thought he looked like the perfect Brian. And, funny enough, his real name is Brian. I heard that Avenged Sevenfold was an inspiration for the Sinnners for author Olivia Cunning. That makes perfect sense when you see them and their performances.




This is a great solo by Synyster Gate's. It is exactly how I envisioned Master Sinclair's concert solo's in the book.


 Favorite Quote(s):

"He had everything he wanted. He needed. Right here. This woman. He knew she wouldn't appreciate his sentimental thoughts. She didn't want to hear that he loved her, no matter how clearly he felt it. So he just stared into her eyes while their bodies came together, apart, together, and swallowed his words where they settled as a lump in his throat. " (pg. 177)

" 'I don't think I'm cut out to be a rock star's girlfriend.'
....He touched her cheek gently. 'Then don't be a rock star's girlfriend. Be Brian Sinclair's girlfriend.'"
(pg. 233)


You can find loads of SINNERS ON TOUR goodies at Sinner's Excerpts. You can read Chapter One of BACKSTAGE PASS and ROCK HARD, excerpts and deleted scenes from both books and short stories. Yay! I foresee myself spending lots of time there. You can also visit the Sinner's Blog.


Published October 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

You can purchase BACKSTAGE PASS at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository  |  Books-A-Million

You can find Olivia Cunning at her:
blog  |  website

Source: Personal purchase

20 comments:

  1. So I have to read this one. Seriously. Jess told me about a scene involving some stuff in the hair. LOL. This book is right up my alley I think, as far as entertainment goes.

    great review darling! :) glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. It's no fun unless someone gets "stuff" in their hair. It was pretty funny b/c the mc was pretty casual about it.
      Can't wait to see what you think!

      Delete
  2. Ohh this one does sound hot and fantastic. I might have to buy it!! Great review!! I love how you broke it up by story and sex lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only way I could manage this review! I couldn't hold the two thoughts together.

      Delete
  3. I nearly pass out just thinking about these boys. I'm SO happy that you loved this book! She is an autobuy author for me too!
    Love this: "Rock stars who hear music when they're making love and use their lover's body to write the notes on are the hottest things ever. Ever. I just...my brain wants to 'splode when I imagine it."
    That is forever burned into my brain. Can't wait for the next book! Damnit NOV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between reading Rock Hard,waiting for Double Time, and stalking for Try Me, I'm about to DIE!

      Delete
  4. Cherry suckers, huh. Um, I think my imagination is on overdrive. Sounds hot.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not on overdrive, Val. The cherry suckers are very important to the story.

      Delete
  5. Hot story, great review! I love Avenged Sevenfold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to get into their music now. Good stuff!

      Delete
  6. Goody, because I bought this one and didn't end up reading it this week because I ran out of time.

    I divorced a drummer so rock stars don't always do it for me (not that he's a rock star, but he was in a band). Of course, I'm living with a guitar player currently so I guess I haven't given up on musicians entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that doesn't work out, maybe try a keyboardist?

      Delete
  7. Ok, you've totally convinced me to get this book. Great quotes you picked. Love your review Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Can't wait to see what you think!

      Delete
  8. I really want to read this series. I'll be honest, it's not in my usual genres that I like to read but it has always caught my eye. Glad you enjoyed it, Andrea. Men with tattoos are YUM. *cough GAVIN cough*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. you had me interested when y'all were chatting on twitter about this book, now I really must get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll tell you one thing, I've never really been into this genre (technically never tried). But your last couple Saturday posts and this book in particular is slowly turning me to the darkside. Ha ha.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post